Rocks Riverside Park
Rocks Riverside Park is a Brisbane City Council district park located in the south-west of Brisbane at 531 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road, Seventeen Mile Rocks.
Three major zones
Rocks Riverside Park has three major zones:
- the river flat - formerly a rich riverside environment, market garden and industrial site
- the bushland ridge - forming a backdrop to the river flat area and covered with dry eucalypt forest
- the major green link from the park to suburbs in the south.
Set on the site of the former Queensland Cement Limited quarry, Rocks Riverside Park features:
- three booking sites - The Entrance, The Green and The River
- community garden
- free Wi-Fi
- Great Lawn - approximately 8000 square metres of open grassed space
- half-size basketball court
- industrial artefacts throughout the park
- junior playground suitable for toddlers to eight year olds
- climbing net/fort and flying fox for school-aged children
- public art reflecting the park's industrial heritage
- shared pathways
- water play area.
The Rocks Riverside Park car park and toilets are open between 6.30am and 7pm every day.
View a slideshow of photos at Rocks Riverside Park. Alternatively, you can view photos of this park in Council's Rocks Riverside Park Flickr album.
Things to do
At Rocks Riverside Park, you can:
- enjoy the water play area
- use your wireless-enabled device at the Wi-Fi hotspot
- have a picnic or barbeque with family and friends
- enjoy the play spaces
- cycle or walk along the 800-metre riverside promenade
- hold community or corporate functions at the Great Lawn.