Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha park booking sites
Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha has three park booking sites available for special event bookings of short duration. The gardens are a busy working garden. Special events take place throughout the year which may coincide with your booking. Weekends in general have increased visitor numbers to the gardens.
To book this park for a special event, follow these steps:
- Consider the park location and facilities and view our virtual tour of the booking sites. If the booking site in this park meet your needs, go to Step 2. If not, view our other park booking sites.
- Complete the online park booking application form, noting Council's standard booking conditions.
Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha is at 152 Mt Coot-tha Road, Mt Coot-tha.
Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha includes the following facilities (some of which are shown on the map below):
- booking sites
- bus stop
- picnic shelters
- drinking fountains/taps
- toilets (including accessible toilets).
The following park booking sites are available for bookings for weddings and special events. The minimum period for each booking is two hours. The booking period includes any pack-up and set-up time.
There is no electricity available at any of the booking sites and no direct vehicle access. Water fountains/taps are near booking sites. However, toilets are over 100 metres from all booking sites.
View Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha in a larger map
|Area||Booking site name||Site description||Capacity||Power||Vehicle access||Marquees permitted||Virtual tour|
Palm Tree Lawn
Features rainforest with small flowing creek. Is ideal for small wedding parties. The lawn has synthetic grass.
|20 (50 standing)|
Fig Tree Lawn
This site features a large, shady fig tree, surrounded by mature trees and shrubs.
Lychee Tree Lawn
Mature trees and lush foliage plants (including bamboo) surround this site. This site is ideal for larger wedding parties.
See the Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha wayfinding guide for the location of facilities within the gardens:
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha wayfinding guide (PDF - 1.6Mb)
- Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha wayfinding guide (Word - 445kb).
You can book a wedding tentatively up to 12 months in advance. Park booking sites are available for hire from $192.30 per hour (inc GST), (minimum two-hour booking).
Bookings apply to the booking site you choose in Brisbane Botanic Gardens Mt Coot-tha. Council provides a small round table and 20 white plastic chairs for each booking.
Booking sites are available for booking between:
- 9am-5pm - 1 September to 31 March
- 9am-4pm - 1 April to 31 August.
The gardens do not have suitable undercover areas for weddings in the event of wet weather. Council recommends you have a wet weather contingency plan.
Before you make a booking, find out the special conditions for booking a site:
- electricity is not available at any booking site
- confetti, rice or streamers cannot be thrown (real petals only are permitted but must be picked up afterwards)
- there is no direct vehicle access for guests or equipment (wedding parties and guests must walk to the wedding lawn, including up and down hill and any equipment must be walked in and out)
- marquees are not permitted
- Council approval is required for structures or equipment (e.g. archways or furniture) and must be freestanding only (no pegs or nails etc)
- personal signs, balloons or ribbons must be freestanding (cannot be fastened to plants or structures)
- dogs are not permitted (except Guide, Hearing and Assistance dogs).