City Botanic Gardens park booking site
City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City has nine park booking sites available for bookings for special events of short duration. This major park features beautiful displays of annual garden beds, shrubbery and trees. Some trees date back to 1828. At the Albert Street entrance (Edward Street end) has an accessible and inclusive playground. At the rear of the park is Riverstage. The Gardens Club cafe is open seven days a week and available for functions.
To book this park for a special event, follow these steps:
- Consider the park location and facilities and view our virtual tours of the booking sites. Decide if the booking site at this park meet your needs. If it does, go to Step 2. If not, view our other park booking sites.
- Complete the online park booking application form, noting Council's standard booking conditions.
The City Botanic Gardens are located at 147 Alice Street, Brisbane City.
The City Botanic Gardens includes the following facilities (some are on the map below):
- booking sites
- drinking fountains/taps
- picnic shelters
- playground (accessible and inclusive)
- power (varying phases)
- toilets (including accessible toilets)
- wheelchair access
There are nine booking sites in the City Botanic Gardens.
View City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City in a larger map.
|Area||Booking site name||Capacity (persons/chairs)||Power||Marquees permitted||Virtual tour|
|1||Palm Avenue Lawn||77||No||No||Yes|
|5||Royal Palm Lawn||72||No||Yes||Yes|
|6||Fig Tree Avenue Lawn||26||Yes||No||Yes|
Weddings and corporate functions can be tentatively booked up to 12 months in advance. Council will confirm your booking six months prior to the function date. Park booking sites are available for hire from $185.90 per hour (including GST). The minimum booking time is two hours.
Bookings apply to the booking site you choose in the park. It includes the use of any facilities in that designated site such as a rotunda or power (if available). You cannot book barbecues, shelters (other than rotundas marked) or playgrounds for your specific use. Your group is free to share these facilities with other park visitors. Power points may have different phases (i.e. operate on different voltages). It is advisable to check the compatibility of your electrical equipment before your event.
In some parks, as well as the designated site/s, there may be some alternative bookable areas. Submit an application and Council will contact you regarding the suitability of the park for the event, availability and fees.
Using the park
The following special conditions apply to bookings in the City Botanic Gardens:
- you are not required to make a booking to use the park for wedding photos
- wedding vehicles are not permitted in the City Botanic Gardens
- jumping castles are not permitted
- designated sites are available for booking between 7am-7pm
- vehicle access for delivery of equipment is restricted. For delivery of equipment for your function you must:
- complete a vehicle access permit application
- supply a copy of the vehicle's valid third party motor vehicle insurance.
The Gardens Club cafe in the heritage-listed Curators Cottage is operated by social enterprise, The Wise Foundation.
The cafe is open every day – from 6.30am-3pm on weekdays and from 6.30am-4pm on weekends.
For information about booking for a private function, you can email the Gardens Club or phone 07 3012 9606.