City Botanic Gardens designated booking site
City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City has nine designated sites available for bookings for special events of short duration. This major park features beautiful displays of annual garden beds, shrubbery and trees. Some trees date back to 1828. At the Albert Street entrance (Edward Street end) has an accessible and inclusive playground. At the rear of the park is Riverstage. The Gardens Club is open from 8am-4pm every day and available for functions.
To book this park for a special event, follow these steps:
- Consider the park location and facilities and watch our virtual tours of the booking sites. Decide if the booking site at this park meet your needs. If it does, go to Step 2. If not, view our other designated sites.
- Complete the online park booking application form, noting Council's standard booking conditions.
The City Botanic Gardens are located at 147 Alice Street, Brisbane City.
View City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City in a larger map.
The City Botanic Gardens includes the following facilities (some are on the map below):
- booking sites
- drinking fountains/taps
- picnic shelters
- playground (accessible and inclusive)
- power (varying phases)
- toilets (including accessible toilets)
- wheelchair access
There are nine booking sites in the City Botanic Gardens.
Some booking sites may have moved slightly to the location shown on the plan below, namely Area 1.
|Power (varying phases)||
|Area||Booking site name||Capacity (persons)||Capacity (chairs)||Power||Marquees permitted|
|1||Booking area 1||150||40||No||No|
|5||Royal Palm Lawn||200||50||No||Yes|
|6||Fig Tree Avenue Lawn||50||30||Yes||No|
Booking site 9 (Cordyline Lawn) is no longer available as a designated booking site.
Weddings and corporate functions can be tentatively booked up to 12 months in advance. Council will confirm your booking six months prior to the function date. Designated sites are available for hire from $170.80 per hour (inc GST) (minimum two hour booking).
Bookings apply to the designated site you choose in the park. It includes the use of any facilities in that designated site such as a rotunda or power (if available). You cannot book barbecues, shelters (other than rotundas marked) or playgrounds for your specific use. Your group is free to share these facilities with other park visitors. Power points may have different phases (i.e. operate on different voltages). It is advisable to check the compatibility of your electrical equipment before your event.
In some parks, as well as the designated site/s, there may be some alternative bookable areas. Submit an application and Council will contact you regarding the suitability of the park for the event, availability and fees.
Using the park
The following special conditions apply to bookings in the City Botanic Gardens:
- you are not required to make a booking to use the park for wedding photos
- wedding vehicles are not permitted in the City Botanic Gardens
- jumping castles are not permitted
- designated sites are available for booking between 7am-7pm
- vehicle access for delivery of equipment is restricted. For delivery of equipment for your function you must:
- complete a vehicle access permit application
- supply a copy of the vehicle's valid third party motor vehicle insurance.
The City Gardens Cafe has reopened and is now The Gardens Club. A social enterprise called Wise Foundation operates the cafe. They distribute funds to community and organisations where needed. Currently, coffee, drinks and food is available 8am-4pm (seven days a week) from the kiosk.
For information about booking for a private function, you can email the Gardens Club or phone 07 3012 9606.