Victoria Park / Barrambin - Parkland Conditions of Entry
City Parklands Services will be responsible for implementing, enforcing and updating the conditions of entry to the parkland at Victoria Park / Barrambin (the Parkland) in line with Brisbane City Council expectations.
City Parklands Services will also provide precinct operational expertise to assist stakeholders with event logistics to support a coordinated approach.
Conditions of entry
To ensure that all visitors have an enjoyable visit to the Parkland, the following conditions of entry apply:
- Conduct causing a public nuisance is not permitted and may result in exclusion. This includes being drunk or disorderly and creating a disturbance.
- Children are to be supervised at all times. All visitors must comply with signage, security and parkland management.
- Activity may be recorded on CCTV.
- No noise before 7am or after 8pm, Monday to Saturday and before 8am and after 8pm on Sundays.
- Visitors must exercise due consideration for others, i.e. no anti-social loud behaviour and comply with all signage.
Pets in the Parklands
- Dogs and cats must be on-leash and under effective control at all times (except in designated dog off-leash areas)
- Visitors must clean up after their pet, including picking up and disposing of waste.
- Visitors must always carry a bag or container for the clean-up of pets’ waste.
- Visitors must, within reason, control the noise of their pets.
Inter Northern Bikeway
The following restrictions apply to the use of the bikeway:
- Bicycles, rollerblades, scooters, skateboards riders and personal mobility device (segways) users must give way to pedestrians.
- Skateboarding is restricted to the bikeway and internal pathways only. No skateboarding, scooters activities to take place on park furniture i.e. steps, benches, walls.
The Parkland is open to the public 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Prior authorisation is required for the following activities:
- Vehicle access into the precinct.
- Conducting surveys.
- Selling or promoting goods.
- Filming or professional photography.
- Flying of drones.
- Events and activations, including regular activities by groups or individuals.
- Peaceful assembly or procession.
- All other animals being brought into the parkland.
To seek authorisation or if you are unsure if your plans meet the conditions of entry, submit an online enquiry form and a member of the team will contact you.
The following activities are not permitted:
- Littering or damaging property.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking outside of designated areas.
- Fishing or swimming in lakes and dams.
- Entering the lakes and dams areas except with written approval or for operational works.
- Attaching items to Parkland infrastructure or trees.
- Religious or political activities without prior consent.
- Use of portable structures including tents and marquees without prior consent.
- Feeding of wildlife.
- Disposal of ice or hot water on lawns or garden areas.
- Use of metal detectors.
- Pegging or staking into lawn areas.
- Camping or overnight sleeping.
- Distribution of leaflets, soliciting hawking or spruiking.
- Use of open flames, candles, portable cooking devices or gas stoves.
- Organised sporting activities or ball games without prior consent.
Should any visitors carry out a prohibited activity, the Park Manager reserves the right to remove the visitor from the Parkland and escalate the incident to the relevant authority (if required).