Brisbane: Better together - our digital neighbourhood
Explore our digital neighbourhood of lifestyle experiences and activities to do at home during home and hotel quarantine. Discover ways to stay entertained, ideas to keep fit, free online resources, e-books and events, as well as cooking, craft, storytime and sustainability videos and more. We're bringing it all to you in your living room!
We know one of the best things about living in Brisbane is our friendly, optimistic character. We live in a resilient, community-minded city and now, more than ever, we need to look out for everyone in our community. Together, we can get through this, with a strong digital neighbourhood and a city full of kindness and support.
Live your best life
Council is bringing some events, programs, and experiences directly to you at home.
Armchair entertainment & learning
Enjoy a world of free online entertainment from books, music, magazines, movies and more. We've added a few learning opportunities too!
- The View from Here - Museum of Brisbane
- Museum of Brisbane podcast - Where I Belong
- digital newspapers and magazines using Press Reader [NEW]
- Epic online library services to enjoy from your lounge room
- Eyes wide open: Everything you need to know to take up stargazing
- Researching a property
Get your green fix
Have you wanted to be more sustainable? Get your green fix with our blogs, videos, and other content to get you motivated.
Things to do
Things to do
- Apply for the compost rebate
- 31 hacks to revive your home and lifestyle [NEW]
- Don't waste your dough with these food saving tips
- Four ways banana peels can help your plants [NEW]
- Recycling guide for households
- Regrow your own spring onions at home
- Sustainable fashion hacks for your wardrobe cleanout
- The lowdown on recycling labels [NEW]
- Tips for putting the right thing in the right bin [NEW]
- Top 5 actions you can take to decrease your waste footprint [NEW]
- Top 10 recycling tips [NEW]
- Top tips for a prize-winning lawn [NEW]
- What you should know about green waste [NEW]
- Disease control in the garden with Annette McFarlane
- DIY: Natural citrus cleaner
- Gardening for kids - Upcycled milk bottles
- Growing tomatoes from seed
- Learn to regrow vegie scraps [NEW]
- Pest control in the garen with Annette McFarlane
- Regrow spring onions from home
- School lesson: Habitats are homes
- School lesson: Mangrove adaptations
- Use banana peels to help grow your garden
Stay healthy and active
Isolation, masks and social distancing don't mean you can't stay active and healthy. Try these ideas to keep your body moving.
Create and make
Keep the whole family busy with our selection of hands-on, do-it-yourself activities. Most activities are suitable for all ages.
Storytime on demand
Let your local library come to you and experience the magic of storytime right in your living room. Enjoy stories, songs and activities with your children.
- Browse the children's literacy sessions on the Brisbane Libraries Facebook page
- Story Box Library - including activities for CBCA Book Week [NEW]
Our popular events online for you
Keep kids entertained with online videos of our children's literacy sessions.
Babies, Books and Rhymes
These sessions are ideal for babies up to one year. Sessions are about 10 minutes long.
These sessions are ideal for toddlers aged 1-2 years. Sessions are about 20 minutes long.
Our popular videos to keep you inspired
The Brisbane app is here!
Download and browse the Brisbane app - your guide to experiencing Brisbane.
Upcycled milk bottle planters
Make an upcycled milk bottle into a planter. Session for kids with Kate Wall.
Regrow spring onions from home
Start a backyard veggie patch - it's easy to regrow spring onions and shallots at home.
DIY: Animals from egg cartons
We’re showing you a quick, easy and fun way to keep the kids entertained at home while minimising waste.