Art and the River Public Art Trail
Walk or cycle the Art and the River Public Art Trail - 2.4-kilometre walk that meanders along the Brisbane River's edge on the Kangaroo Point boardwalk. The walk begins at the Maritime Museum, South Bank and ends at the Thornton Street ferry terminal, after taking a detour to the top of the cliffs at Kangaroo Point Park. The trail is divided into three sections:
- section A - starts on the Kangaroo Point boardwalk at the Maritime Museum and extends to the Riverlife Adventure Centre
- section B - starts near the the Riverlife Adventure Centre and ends at Thornton Street ferry terminal
- section C - on top of the cliffs at the newly built Kangaroo Point Park.
Download the public art trail map brochure in your preferred format:
- Art and the River Public Art Trail (PDF - 4.8Mb) - with images and trail map
- Art and the River Public Art Trail (Word - 83kb) - text only version - no images or trail map.
How to use the Art and the River Public Art Trail online map view and text view
Select an icon to read about about each artwork in the public art trail.
As an alternative to the online map and brochure, you can use the 'text view' (toggle above the map) for artwork and location information.
You can view all artworks in this trail in the 'Art and the River Public Art Trail' album in Council's Flickr account.