About River Access Network
The River Access Network builds on Council’s River's Edge Strategy 2013 and links to Brisbane's River Art Framework which presents a vision for a world-class collection of public art along the River's edge.
Key opportunities in the River Access Network include:
- tour boats – expanded opportunities for pick-up and drop-off of tour boat passengers at key riverside destinations
- water taxis – as a new transport alternative for Brisbane, on-demand water taxis are suitable for small group travel for recreation or business to link high-density residential areas with key destinations
- kayaks, canoes and paddleboards – an expanded network of access points for these craft at regular intervals along the river
- yachts, small boats and jet skis – new opportunities for short-term use for recreational craft at key destinations.
Download the River Access Network documents in your preferred format:
- Brisbane's River Access Network - unlocking river-based tourism and recreation (PDF - 23Mb)
- Brisbane's River Access Network - unlocking river-based tourism and recreation (Word - 159kb)
- River Access Network map (PDF - 1.5Mb).
River and recreation hubs
River and recreation hubs will provide new multipurpose river-based infrastructure to accommodate a range of vessels and uses including:
- new access opportunities for tour boat operators as a pick-up and drop‑off point for passengers
- supporting on demand pick-up and drop-off for water taxis
- short-term use for non-motorised watercraft such as kayaks, canoes and stand up paddleboards
- short-term use for recreational vessels in the city reaches of the Brisbane River.
River and recreation hubs are located at:
- City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City
- Dutton Park
- Northshore Hamilton
- Kingsford Smith Drive, Hamilton
- New Farm Park
- West End.
Docking at river hubs
The New Farm Park River Hub and City Botanic Gardens River Hub are available for docking. To make a booking for a thirty minute mooring for commercial vessels or tour boat operators, complete and submit the River Hub - Docking request application.
Watch the fly-through video to find out more about the New Farm Park and City Botanic Gardens River Hubs. You can also watch the video on Council's YouTube channel.