Council is providing even more lifestyle and leisure opportunities for residents, including better facilities and venues for all ages to enjoy. There are 22 Council swimming pools across Brisbane offering opportunities for fun, fitness and recreation.
Brisbane City Council recognises the vital role your organisations play in:
- providing sport and community activities and services to the wider community
- contributing to the Brisbane Vision goals of an active, healthy city and a friendly, safe city.
Keeping Council informed as a tenant
There are a range of forms and processes to support you in notifying Council of different events and works.
You should contact the City Pools office when:
- The monthly and annual returns for operating a Council pool are due.
- There is an incident at your leased site.
Complete the City Pools - Report of injury incident or dangerous event online form or complete the hard copy Report of injury incident or dangerous event form (PDF - 98kb).
- There are planned closures or exclusive use across the site.
Complete the City Pools - Application for exclusive use/closure online form or complete the hard copy Application for exclusive use/closure form (PDF - 58kb).
- You are planning improvements or works to your leased premises.
Complete the City Pools - Application for improvement works online form or complete the hard copy Application for improvement works form (PDF - 68kb).
All hard copy forms once completed are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you hosting a movie in the pool, a family fun day or special event open to the public? Let us know about pool events by filling in the online event submission form.
Remember to notify Council of any events or good news stories so we can promote through our internal channels.
Getting Council advice
For all administration purposes contact the City Pools office in the first instance and for all urgent maintenance enquires contact facility services.
Council can provide advice and has a dedicated 24 hour a day, seven day a week 133 BNE (133 263) hotline to support business in Brisbane. Visit Business Hotline 133 BNE for more information.
You can also obtain advice on the following:
- development assessment and/or building approvals that may be required for any works on a Council site
- hosting events and/or markets
- food licences
- managing community safety (for example: safety lighting, graffiti management, syringe disposal).
Visit laws and permits to access more information and requirements on permits and licences issued by Council. This includes food provisions, advertising signs, using roads and footpaths and more.
View the latest list of:
For further advice on tenant responsibilities phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the City Pools office or you can email email@example.com.