Norris Road upgrades - Bracken Ridge
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that the Norris Road upgrades between Telegraph Road and Bracken Ridge TAFE are now complete. Stage 2 of the Norris Road upgrades will commence shortly at the intersection of Norris Road and Pritchard Place.
|Address||Norris Road, Bracken Ridge|
|Project outcomes||Improved road safety, travel time reliability and enhanced public and active transport facilities|
Norris Road Upgrade Stage 2
About the project
Council has identified the Norris Road and Pritchard Place intersection as requiring an upgrade to improve traffic flow and travel time reliability for those travelling through the intersection. This project will involve installing traffic lights at the intersection with controlled pedestrian crossing facilities and upgrading the eastern footpath to a 2.5-metre-wide shared path.
These upgrades will:
- improve traffic flow on Norris Road
- improve travel time reliability on Pritchard Place
- improve pedestrian and cyclist connectivity
- enhance public and active transport facilities
- improve safety for all road users.
Construction will commence in early 2022 and be complete in mid-2022.
The second stage of the Norris Road Upgrade project is funded by the Australian Government as part of the Urban Congestion Fund and delivered by Brisbane City Council under the Better Roads for Brisbane program.
The Norris Road Upgrade Stage 2 project involves:
- Installing traffic lights with controlled pedestrian crossing facilities on Norris Road and Pritchard Place.
- Constructing a controlled right-turn pocket on Norris Road into Pritchard Place for southbound vehicles.
- Constructing a new left-turn pocket on Norris Road into Pritchard Place for northbound vehicles.
- Constructing a new dedicated right-turn pocket on Norris Road into Wirupa Street for northbound vehicles.
- Installing an advanced traffic signal warning sign, approximately 230 metres south of the intersection.
- Upgrading the eastern footpath to a 2.5m-wide shared path between Bracken Ridge TAFE and Wirupa Street.
- Removing the pedestrian crossing near the Norris Road and Wirupa Street intersection.
- Relocating the northbound bus stop, near Greenore Street, to a new indented bus stop on Norris Road, outside Norris Road State School.
Norris Road Upgrade Stage 1
Norris Road Upgrade Stage 1
Now complete, these important works included replacing the roundabout at the Norris Road and Barbour Road intersection with traffic lights and controlled pedestrian crossing facilities. Works also included constructing a new 2.5-metre-wide shared path along the eastern verge of Norris Road, between the Bracken Ridge Plaza and Bracken Ridge TAFE.
Benefits of these upgrade works include:
- enhanced safety for all road users, pedestrians and cyclists
- improved pedestrian safety, connectivity and accessibility to public and active transport options and local parkland areas
- improved travel time reliability and reduce queue lengths along Norris Road and Barbour Road for general traffic and buses.
Works for this project commenced in March 2021 and works were successfully completed early December 2021.
The Norris Road upgrades were jointly funded by Council as part of the Better Roads for Brisbane program and the Australian Government as part of the Urban Congestion Fund.
Norris Stage 1 documents
- Norris Road upgrades project plan (PDF - 3.53Mb)
- Norris Road upgrades project plan (Word - 1.72Mb)
- Norris road upgrades project newsletter - September 2020 (PDF - 2.6Mb)
- Norris road upgrades project newsletter - September 2020 (Word - 1.6Mb)
Norris Stage 2 documents
If you would like more information about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 870 437 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team
- use the online contact form to register for future project updates
- write to:
Norris Road upgrades
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.