Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection upgrade - Kelvin Grove
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection upgrade in Kelvin Grove is now complete.
|Address||Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street, Kelvin Grove|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety and traffic efficiency|
About the project
The Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection is not only important for traffic flow on the road network, but also for locals to access the parks, schools and shops in Kelvin Grove.
During the afternoon peak, the intersection experienced long traffic queues on Kelvin Grove Road due to the large volume of traffic turning into Blamey Street. The upgrade has improved travel time reliability for motorists and improved safety for people walking and riding through the area.
The Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection upgrade was jointly funded by Brisbane City Council and the Australian Government’s Roads to Recovery program.
The upgrade has improved the overall operation of the intersection and reduced congestion by extending the kerbside lane on Blamey Street, to allow more motorists to turn right on the green arrow from Kelvin Grove Road. Upgraded footpaths and pedestrian crossings have also improved the safety and accessibility for people walking and riding along Blamey Street and at the intersection.
The project involved:
- extending the length of the kerbside lane on the northern side of Blamey Street
- widening the footpath on the southern side of Blamey Street, adjacent to McCaskie Park
- realigning the pedestrian crossing and pram ramps at Kelvin Grove Road northern approach to improve visibility for all road users
- undertaking drainage and kerbside improvements at northern side of Blamey Street
- trimming trees on the western side of Kelvin Grove Road to ensure clear visibility of existing overhead traffic lights
- installing new pavement, line marking, landscaping and turf.
The project will now enter a period in which Council will maintain and manage minor works such as landscaping as well as demobilising the site compound.
This intersection upgrade is one of several corridor improvements being undertaken along Kelvin Grove Road and Enoggera Road.
- Project introduction – February 2022
- Start of construction – July 2022
- End of construction – December 2022
If you would like to find out more about the Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection upgrade, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
- Kelvin Grove Road and Blamey Street intersection upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.