Manly Road upgrade project - Wakerley
Brisbane City Council has completed an upgrade to Manly Road, between New Cleveland Road and Wondall Road in Wakerley.
|Address||Manly Road, between Wondall Road New Cleveland Road|
|Project outcomes||To improve road delineation and connectivity for all road users and pedestrians|
End of construction
About the project
Stage two of the Manly Road upgrade located between New Cleveland Road and Wondall Road in Wakerley, commenced in mid-March 2021 and is now complete.
Stage two continued on from stage one works undertaken in late-2020. Stage one works included the installation of a 330-metre section of shared path and formalising a 180-metre section of road edge with new kerb on the southern side of Manly Road, west of the sports park, and some landscaping of this area.
The Manly Road Upgrade is jointly funded by the Queensland Government through the Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS) and Brisbane City Council.
The Manly Road upgrade project improved safety for all road users with clearer road delineation for motorists, an upgraded indented bus zone and a smoother resurfaced road. The upgrade also provided better connectivity for people walking and riding through the local area and cycling network with a new 2.5-metre-wide section of footpath.
The Manly Road upgrade project improved safety and delivered clearer road delineation for motorists, while providing improved connectivity for cyclists and pedestrians accessing the local area and cycling network.
Stage two works will included:
- relocating the water main on the southern side of Manly Road
- relocating and upgrading the inbound bus stop 52/46 on Manly Road
- continuation of a 2.5m shared path up to the Bulimba Creek crossing near New Cleveland Road
- realigning centre median islands
- formalising the road edge with the installation of new kerb
- resurfacing of the inbound road lanes between Wondall Road and New Cleveland Road
- road line marking.
Council would like to thank residents for their patience while we completed these important works.
If you would like more information about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on (07) 3403 8888 (after business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Manly Road Upgrade Project team
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.