Pickering Street pedestrian crossing - Enoggera
Brisbane City Council will install a new signalised pedestrian crossing on Pickering Street, near Hurdcotte Street, Enoggera.
|Address||Pickering Street, Enoggera|
|Project outcomes||Pedestrian and cyclist safety|
About the project
Pickering Street in Enoggera was identified as a location in the local road network requiring works to improve pedestrian and motorist safety. The project will address concerns raised by the local community about pedestrian safety and connectivity by providing an additional signalised crossing facility on Pickering Street.
The Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project is jointly funded by Council and the Australian Government through the Roads to Recovery program.
Located 30 metres east of Hurdcotte Street, the signalised pedestrian crossing will include:
- Removal of the existing on-road pedestrian refuge
- Installation of new traffic signals and kerb build out
- Relocation of ‘Pickering West’ bus stop 30 metres east
- Relocation of existing post box and storage cabinet 20 metres east
- Removal of 3 on-street parking bays on the Northern side of Pickering Street
- Removal of 2 on-street parking bays on the Southern side of Pickering Street.
Council has identified five trees located on Pickering Street to be removed as part of the project. Tree removal is required to facilitate construction of the pedestrian crossing and to ensure safe sight line distance for all road users approaching the crossing. Vegetation impacts will be offset in accordance with Council policies and relevant legislative requirements.
When complete the signalised pedestrian crossing will increase local connectivity and pedestrian safety.
|Early 2021||Survey and investigations - completed early 2021|
|Mid-2021||Detailed design - completed mid-2021|
|Late 2021 to early 2022||Construction - late 2021 to early 2022|
Council will continue to keep the local community informed and will provide further updates closer to the start of construction.
If you would like to find out more about the Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.