Pickering Street pedestrian crossing - Enoggera
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that the installation of a new signalised pedestrian crossing on Pickering Street, near Hurdcotte Street in Enoggera, is now complete.
|Address||Pickering Street, Enoggera|
|Project outcomes||Pedestrian and cyclist safety and increased connectivity|
End of construction
About the project
The Pickering Street signalised pedestrian crossing near Hurdcotte Street, was constructed after Pickering Street was identified as a location in the local road network requiring works to improve pedestrian and motorist safety.
Now complete, this new signalised crossing point ensures people riding and walking can safely cross Pickering Street. The works also make it easier for the community to access local facilities, parklands and public transport.
The project involved removing an existing on-road pedestrian refuge crossing and replacing it with new pedestrian signals. To facilitate the upgrade and ensure safe sight line distance, the Australia Post box and storage cabinet was relocated approximately 20 metres to the east and the Pickering West bust stop was relocated 30 metres to the east.
Construction commenced in December 2021 and works were successfully completed in early March 2022. The Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project was jointly funded by Council and the Australian Government through the Roads to Recovery program.
The project involved:
- removing the existing on-road pedestrian refuge
- installing new pedestrian signals and kerb build out
- relocation of the ‘Pickering West’ bus stop, 30 metres east
- relocation of the existing post box and storage cabinet, 20 metres east
- removing three on-street parking bays on the northern side of Pickering Street
- removing two on-street parking bays on the southern side of Pickering Street.
If you would like to find out more about the Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Pickering Street pedestrian crossing project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.