Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade - Rochedale
Brisbane City Council is pleased to share that construction of the Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade in Rochedale is now complete. This important upgrade has improved safety and overall intersection operation for all road users now and into the future.
IMPROVE SAFETY FOR ALL ROAD USERS AND IMPROVE INTERSECTION OPERATION
Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road, Rochedale
About the project
Located on the boundary of the Brisbane City Council Local Government Area (LGA) and the Logan City Council LGA, the Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection has been upgraded from a single lane roundabout to a fully controlled intersection with traffic lights and controlled pedestrian crossing facilities on all approaches to the intersection.
Rochedale Road has been widened to four lanes and dedicated turning lanes were installed on all approaches to the intersection to reduce congestion during peak hour traffic.
To improve connectivity and safety for people walking and riding, signalised crossings have been installed and off-road shared paths constructed on all approaches to the intersection, allowing local students to get to and from school more safely.
On-road cycle lanes have also been installed through the intersection on all approaches, creating safe crossing points for people riding.
The Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade was funded by the Australian Government as part of the Urban Congestion Fund, with Brisbane City Council’s Better Roads for Brisbane program and Logan City Council’s Major Roads Upgrade program jointly contributing the remaining cost.
Project time lapse video
Video supporting information
Video supporting information
This video shows footage of the construction process and completed upgrade of the Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection in Rochedale. The video’s introductory slide shows the Australian Government, Brisbane City Council and Logan City Council logos as the project was jointly funded by these parties.
The video begins by showing time lapse footage from the south-west perspective of the Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection, with Rochedale Road running north to south and Priestdale Road running east to west. The time lapse footage shows major construction activities including the removal of a roundabout and installation of traffic signals.
The video then transitions to drone footage showing the new intersection from multiple directions, highlighting how the intersection operates with its new traffic signals.
The video ends with a slide displaying the Australian Government, Brisbane City Council and Logan City Council logos.
You can also watch this video on Council's YouTube account.
The upgrade included:
- removing the existing roundabout and installing traffic lights with signalised pedestrian crossings on all approaches to the intersection
- widening Rochedale Road to four lanes through the intersection
- installing dedicated turning lanes on all approaches to the intersection
- installing a U-turn facility on the Rochedale Road northern approach to the intersection
- installing off-road shared paths and on-road cycle lanes through the intersection
- removing the existing zebra crossing south of the intersection on Rochedale Road and the un-signalised crossings east and west of the intersection on Priestdale Road
- converting the intersection of Rochedale Road and Netherby Street to left-in and left-out only
- removing approximately seven formal on-street parking spaces and 29 informal on-street parking spaces to ensure all road users can travel safely and efficiently through the intersection.
- Late 2021 - early works
- January 2022 - construction started
- January 2023 - end of construction
Documents and resources
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - Start of construction - February 2022 (PDF - 843kb)
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - Start of construction - February 2022 (Word - 23Mb)
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - October 2021 (PDF - 1.09Mb)
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - October 2021 (Word - 1.09Mb)
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - September 2020 (PDF - 4.71Mb)
- Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade project newsletter - September 2020 (Word - 1.4Mb).
Other projects in the area
Brisbane Metro depot
Brisbane Metro depot
Council is currently constructing the new Brisbane Metro depot in Rochedale. Construction commenced in late 2021, with works expected to be completed by late 2023. To learn more about this project, visit the Brisbane Metro depot webpage.
If you have any questions about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- use the online contract form to register for future project updates
- email the project team
- write to:
Rochedale Road and Priestdale Road intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.