Wynnum Town Centre precinct
In 2023-24, Brisbane City Council will provide hands-on support to assist the Wynnum Town Centre precinct as part of the Growing Precincts Together program.
This will involve:
- business/vacancy assessments
- a survey to gather feedback and ideas about the precinct
- a precinct launch event
- precinct connection opportunities
- hands-on support from Council to Promote, Support, Refresh and Activate the precinct
- regular e-newsletter updates to businesses.
To inform Council's support for the Wynnum Town Centre precinct, we invited businesses, workers and customers to share their thoughts about the precinct, including the things they value most and ideas to promote and activate the precinct. The survey closed on 17 September 2023.
Themes and feedback from the survey will be shared at the precinct launch event. Individual responses will not be identified.
Wynnum Town Centre businesses were invited to attend a launch event about the Growing Precincts Together program in the Wynnum Town Centre precinct, which was held on 2 November 2023.
At the event, Council’s Economic Growth and Activation Team shared information about:
- analysis of the precinct including business vacancies and business mix
- feedback received from a survey of the Wynnum Town Centre precinct.
- initial ideas and inspiration to promote, activate and refresh the precinct
- possible support programs for businesses in the precinct.
Opportunities for Wynnum retail precinct businesses to connect with each other and Council officers will be available. For more information, email the Economic Growth and Activation team.
Council’s Economic Growth and Activation team will work with the Wynnum Town Centre precinct to deliver initiatives under the key actions of Promote, Support, Refresh and Activate.
This will include offering businesses in the Wynnum Town Centre precinct the opportunity to apply for a range of free one-on-one business support programs. This diverse suite of programs will support businesses to promote and activate their business with the aim to attract new visitors to the precinct.
If you have ideas or feedback about the Wynnum Town Centre precinct, you can email Council’s Economic Growth and Activation team or phone Council’s business hotline on 133 BNE (133 263).