Flooding in Brisbane - a guide for residents
Flooding in Brisbane is natural and part of our environment. Brisbane City Council is working hard to reduce the impact of flooding. Use this page to find simple things you can do to prepare your home and family/household for flooding and to minimise the impact of flooding on your property.
Guide for residents
Download our guide in your preferred format:
- Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for residents (PDF - 2Mb)
- Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for residents (Word - 83kb).
You can also download:
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (PDF - 1Mb)
- Flooding in Brisbane - an explanation of technical flood terms (Word - 57kb).
Council has a range of free tools and information to help you prepare for possible flooding on, or near, your property. This includes:
- Flood Awareness Maps – use our Flood Awareness Maps to understand the likelihood of flooding on your home or property
- FloodWise Property Report – download a FloodWise Property Report for flood information relating to building or renovating your home
- Brisbane Early Warning Alert Service – sign up to receive free alert notices
- Responding to a flood threat - understand how to respond to a flood, including working with sandbags.
If you require any further information, contact Council.
Council excludes all liability to any person arising directly or indirectly from using 'Flooding in Brisbane - A guide for residents' and any information or material cited in it. The guide provides general information to help you decide if you need professional advice relevant to your situation.