Accessibility features at Council libraries
Additionally, libraries provide the following facilities and services:
- most of Council's libraries have facilities for wheelchair access
- many library meeting rooms have hearing loops
- libraries offer a free home library service and audiobook postal service to Brisbane residents who are unable to visit a library because of frailty, disability or long-term illness
- all public internet computers have an interface that includes an on-screen keyboard, narrator and magnifier
- every library has access to a computer with ergonomic arms and adaptive peripherals, including BigKeys keyboards and ergonomic mice.
For more information, contact your local library or phone Council on 07 3403 8888.