Nathan, Salisbury, Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan
Brisbane City Council is creating a new neighbourhood plan for Nathan, Salisbury and Moorooka. Neighbourhood plans help guide future development and coordinate land use and infrastructure over a 10-year period and beyond. Once complete, the neighbourhood plan will become part of Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan).
The neighbourhood plan is being developed to ensure the area's future looks familiar, while planning for the needs of the existing and future community.
Council is working with the local community to:
- review the development potential of industrial, commercial and residential areas to facilitate employment growth and enhance liveability
- capitalise on the significant infrastructure investment, including the world class education and sporting facilities in the area
- protect character residential areas in key locations
- protect and enhance the environmental and biodiversity values of Toohey Forest and the area’s creek corridors
- enhance streetscapes and walkability between major employment areas, residential areas and public transport infrastructure.
Nathan, Salisbury, Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan study area
View the Nathan, Salisbury, Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan study area as a larger map.
You can also download the Nathan, Salisbury, Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan study area (PDF - 907kb).
Neighbourhood planning process
Community input is a vital part of the neighbourhood planning process, and there will be a number of face-to-face and online opportunities for you to have your say during the project. For more information, visit the Neighbourhood planning and urban renewal process page.
Community responses on the draft strategy, together with technical reports, will inform the development of a statutory neighbourhood plan. This will include details of all proposed changes such as changes to zones, overlays or planned infrastructure, and accompanying technical maps. The draft will be reviewed by the Queensland Government before further community consultation.
Once complete, the plan will be adopted as part of City Plan to guide development in the area.
Background research and initial community engagement
Community Planning Team nominations closed on 16 September 2019.
Council sought community feedback on a draft strategy that will set the direction of the plan. Consultation was open 7 June - 26 July 2021.
|Late 2021-early 2022||
Draft neighbourhood plan
Council will prepare a draft plan including specific proposals such as changes to zones or overlays, which will be reviewed by the Queensland Government and released for further community feedback.
Adoption and gazettal of the neighbourhood plan, which will then form part of City Plan.
Register for updates
You can register to receive regular email updates about:
- the Nathan, Salisbury, Moorooka Neighbourhood Plan
- City Plan and planning and development in Brisbane.
To receive information about Council's projects and programs, including invitations to have your say, sign up to Council's Your City, Your Say.
For more information you can: