Aminya Street Mansfield Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the Aminya Street, Mansfield neighbourhood shopping precinct. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP) and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We’re committing up to $1.3M to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors to the neighbourhood centre
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
Community consultation and engagement
Council encourages the local community to provide feedback for the improvement proposal on the Aminya Street, Mansfield precinct and other public spaces.
Council held an onsite information kiosk on 20 November 2021 as well as an online survey for community members to have their say about the neighbourhood centre. Feedback will assist Council in understanding what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and will inform the improvement proposal for the Aminya Street, Mansfield precinct.
Since the project launch, the Aminya Street, Mansfield Village Precinct Project team has been investigating possible design options for the precinct prior to the release of the opportunities proposal that will be presented to the community for feedback in 2023.
Download the precinct investigation area:
- Aminya Street, Mansfield Village Precinct Project PDF - 1.82Mb)
- Aminya Street, Mansfield Village Precinct Project (Word - 3.03Mb).
Site investigation and community consultation from 15 November to 5 December 2021 when the survey closed.
Opportunities proposal release for community feedback in 2023.
Final improvement plan and construction information release, timeline TBC.
Community event celebrating the upgraded precinct and seeking community feedback on delivered improvements, timeline TBC.
VPP upgrades may include a range of public space improvements such as:
- maintenance to footpaths and upgrades to kerb ramp crossings to improve accessibility, connectivity and amenity
- tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, and to limit the urban heat island effect
- new garden beds and more ground cover plants in existing garden beds
- new unique seating and Council street furniture
- public art and creative placemaking and lighting.
The opportunities are subject to community feedback and further site investigations.
Find out more about the VPP program and recently delivered public space improvements by visiting the Village Precinct Projects page.
For more information on the Aminya Street, Mansfield Village Precinct Project:
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team.