Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council has completed the $1 million improvement project to revitalise the Coorparoo Junction neighbourhood shopping precinct along Old Cleveland Road and Cavendish Road, Coorparoo.
This is part of the Village Precinct Projects (VPP) program and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community was consulted at the project launch in May 2021, during the planning phase in October 2021 and finally upon completion of the project in October 2022, at the Tarlina Lane Festival.
Thank you for sharing your feedback throughout the project, this has informed the final outcome of the Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project.
- upgraded sections of pavement, kerb ramps and new tactile ground surface indicators within the project area to improve pedestrian accessibility, amenity, and safety within the precinct
- new garden bed planting and street trees
- new street furniture including custom seating
- conversion of Tarlina Lane into a shared zone to improve pedestrian safety and amenity along the laneway
- creative placemaking outcome (surface treatment artwork) along Tarlina Lane to bring colour and vibrancy into the laneway.
Find out more about the Coorparoo Junction creative placemaking outcome (surface treatment artwork) New Bloom (2022) by Chantal Fraser.
For more information on the Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the project team, or email the project team.