Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the Coorparoo Junction neighbourhood shopping precinct along Old Cleveland Road and Cavendish Road, Coorparoo. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects (VPP) program and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We are committing up to $1 million to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors to the neighbourhood centre
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for the improvement proposal by providing feedback about the Coorparoo Junction precinct.
The community has provided feedback and ideas in the initial phase of consultation through the onsite project information kiosk and online survey, which closed on Sunday 13 June 2021.
Thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions on the Coorparoo Junction precinct. Council is reviewing the feedback gathered from this consultation and this will inform the Coorparoo Junction Opportunities Plan.
View the precinct investigation area:
- Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project - Investigation area (PDF - 3.69Mb)
- Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project - Investigation area (Word - 393kb)
What happens next?
|Precinct improvement proposal||An opportunities plan will be prepared in response to the community’s feedback. Posters of the opportunities plan will be displayed on site at Coorparoo Junction and the Coorparoo Ward Office, as well as online from late 2021.
An onsite project information kiosk as well as an online community survey will also be available to gather feedback to inform the final improvement proposal for the Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project.
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2022 and is scheduled to be complete in mid-2022, subject to weather and site conditions. Council will consult with business owners and operators within the construction areas to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to all businesses will be maintained during the construction period.|
|Project completion||The project is currently scheduled to be complete by mid-2022, subject to weather and site conditions.|
VPP upgrades may include a range of public space improvements including:
- minor footpath maintenance and kerb ramp crossing upgrades to improve accessibility, safety and visual amenity
- street greening including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, and limit the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- investigation of creative placemaking opportunities.
The project opportunities are subject to community feedback and further site investigations.
For more information on the Coorparoo Junction Village Precinct Project:
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
Find out more about the VPP program and recently delivered public space improvements by visiting the Village Precinct Projects page.