Jindalee Village Precinct Project
From September 2018 to July 2019, Brisbane City Council worked with the local community to deliver a $450,000 improvement proposal to refresh the neighbourhood shopping precinct on Curragundi Road, Jindalee as part of the Village Precinct Projects program.
The project was part of Council's commitment to creating a city of neighbourhoods and improving the amenity of local retail villages with better paths, trees, gardens and seating.
The local community was encouraged to become involved in the planning for the revitalisation proposal by providing feedback during a three-week consultation period.
Council received more than 130 responses during the three-week survey period, as well as talking to more than 20 people at the onsite information kiosk on Saturday 17 November 2018. This feedback assisted Council in understanding what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and informed the improvement plan for your Jindalee local neighbourhood shopping precinct.
Completed works included:
- new footpath along Curragindi Road
- improving pedestrian crossing safety by realigning existing pedestrian crossings, adding cautionary tactile paving to existing kerb ramps where possible and reconstructing existing ramps to improve accessibility
- landscaping including new garden beds and new street trees
- new seats, bike rack, urban stools, drinking fountain and unique seating.
For more information on the Jindalee Village Precinct Project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the project team
- email the team
- write to:
Village Precinct Project team
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.