Martha Street Camp Hill Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the Martha Street, Camp Hill neighbourhood shopping precinct. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP) and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We’re committing up to $1 million to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors to the centre
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for improvements to the Martha Street, Camp Hill precinct by providing feedback on the proposed opportunities.
During August 2021, Council released an opportunities proposal containing potential improvements for the precinct, based on your ideas and suggestions from our first stage of consultation in May 2021.
Key areas for improvement the community highlighted included:
- traffic safety and pedestrian access
- landscaping, footpath upgrades and street furniture for streetscape and amenity
- improved parking conditions throughout the centre.
We invited your feedback on the opportunities proposal through an information kiosk and online survey. Community consultation on the opportunities proposal closed on Sunday 5 September 2021.
Thank you for sharing your feedback and this will inform the development of the final improvement plan for Martha Street, Camp Hill Village Precinct Project, to be released in early 2022.
View the opportunities proposal:
The Martha Street, Camp Hill VPP opportunities proposal includes:
- upgrading of the footpath pavers to exposed aggregate concrete to improve accessibility, maintenance and amenity
- intersection upgrades and relocated Newman Avenue pedestrian crossing to improve safety and accessibility
- marked parking bays and consolidated loading zone to improve accessibility
- street greening including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity, and limit the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- investigating creative placemaking elements that may include lighting for day and night time presence.
The final improvement plan is subject to further site investigations.
Find out more about the VPP program and recently delivered public space improvements.
What happens now?
|Final improvement plan||
The final improvement plan for the Martha Street, Camp Hill VPP will be prepared in response to the community's feedback.
The final improvement plan will be onsite at Martha Street, Camp Hill and the Coorparoo Ward Office, as well as online from early 2022.
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2022 and is scheduled to be complete in mid-2022, subject to weather and site conditions. Council will consult with business owners and operators within the construction areas to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to all businesses will be maintained during the construction period.|
|Project completion||The project is currently scheduled to be complete by mid-2022; subject to weather and site conditions.|
For more information on the Martha Street Village Precinct Project:
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team