Paddington Terraces Precinct Grant Project
Brisbane City Council, through the Village Precinct Projects program, is working with local communities to create great places with vibrant neighbourhood centres and improved amenity for the local community and visitors to use and enjoy. Through grant-funded precinct projects like the Paddington Terraces project, Council helps support and deliver infrastructure which enhances and celebrates neighbourhood centres.
Paddington 4064 delivery partnership
The Paddington Terraces Precinct Grant Project seeks to celebrate the local character, enhance the night-time presence and improve the amenity of the centre.
With funding support from the Australian Government and working closely with the Paddington 4064 business group, Council helped support and deliver this public space improvement project, creating an inviting and distinctive centre.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community was encouraged to become involved in the planning for the improvement proposal by providing feedback via an online survey and by sharing ideas in person at the information kiosk held in December 2019.
This feedback informed the improvement and creative outcomes for the Paddington Terraces local neighbourhood centre.
Improvements and activities include:
- warm-white energy-efficient LED bud lighting to 32 street trees along Given and Latrobe terraces
- three mural artworks located on the external wall of 93 Latrobe Terrace, 209 Given Terrace and 11 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington
- illuminated 'Welcome to the Terraces' gateway signage at the intersection of Given Terrace and Castlemaine Street
- gobo artwork projections by local gallery artists onto the Paddington Antiques Centre and the Paddington Substation building facade
- support for Birds of Brisbane art program
- hosting The Terraces Night Market on Friday 4 December 2020.
The Terraces Night Market
The Terraces Night Market, including artisan markets, late night shopping, food and live entertainment, was held on 4 December 2020 to celebrate the project and the Paddington Terraces neighbourhood centre.
Local residents and visitors to the precinct enjoyed walking The Terraces to discover the local heritage, artwork, dining and boutique shopping available at this exciting destination.
For more information on the Paddington Terraces Village Precinct Grant Project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to the project team
- email the project team.