Rosalie Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the Rosalie Village neighbourhood shopping precinct. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP) and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We’re committing up to $1m to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors to the centre
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for the improvement proposal by providing feedback about the Rosalie Village precinct and public space opportunities.
The community provided feedback and ideas in the first phase of consultation through the onsite information kiosk and online survey, in September 2022. Key areas for improvement the community highlighted include:
- improved traffic safety and pedestrian access
- more amenity including landscaping and street furniture
- better parking conditions
- creative placemaking opportunities.
Council has prepared an opportunities proposal in response to the community’s ideas and feedback and further site investigations.
The Rosalie Village VPP opportunities proposal includes:
- upgrading sections of footpath to exposed aggregate concrete to improve accessibility, connectivity and amenity
- a new pedestrian crossing at Baroona Road, near Nash Street, to improve safety and accessibility (this will require a loss of up to five current parking bays)
- new garden beds and additional street trees to improve visual and physical amenity
- installing new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- improved speed signage at key entry locations of the precinct
- investigating creative placemaking opportunities to enhance amenity and centre identity.
Our investigation into the precinct's kerbside parking allocation has indicated that no additional parking spaces are available.
The proposed opportunities are subject to community feedback and further site investigations.
Find out more about the VPP program and recently delivered public space improvements.
Flood mitigation and drainage works
Due to the complexity of the Rosalie Village area, infrastructure solutions required to mitigate flooding and flood and drainage works are not part of the Rosalie Village Precinct Project scope of works.
However, any proposed Rosalie Village Precinct Project works will be undertaken in consultation with a required Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) hydrology investigation.
To read about Council's flood plans and find out how to protect your home and business from flooding visit Flooding in Brisbane.
Project launch (completed)
The first phase of community consultation through the onsite information kiosk and online survey closed on Sunday 18 September 2022. Thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions on the Rosalie Village precinct and public space opportunities for this centre.
Opportunities proposal (current)
Opportunities proposal for community feedback:
- onsite project information kiosk – Saturday 11 February 2023, 9-11am
- online survey closes 11.59pm, 19 February 2023.
Posters of the opportunities proposal are also available for viewing at the Paddington Ward Office, 44 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington.
Final improvement plan release and construction information from mid 2023. Construction scheduled from mid to late-2023.
Community event celebrating the upgraded precinct and seeking community feedback on the delivered improvements in early 2024.
Rosalie Village Precinct Project
For more information on the Rosalie Village Precinct Project:
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team.
Growing Precincts Together
In addition to the Rosalie Village Precinct Project, Council is also working to support local businesses in Rosalie through the Growing Precincts Together program.
For more information visit Growing Precincts Together - Rosalie Village.