Rosalie Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the Rosalie Village neighbourhood shopping precinct. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP) and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We’re committing up to $1m to the improvement project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors to the centre
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community was encouraged to become involved in the planning for the improvement proposal by providing feedback about the Rosalie Village precinct and public space opportunities.
During February 2023, Council released an opportunities proposal containing potential improvements for the precinct, based on your ideas and suggestions from our first stage of consultation in September 2022. Community consultation on the opportunities proposal closed on Sunday 19 February 2023.
Thank you for sharing your feedback which, along with further site investigation, has informed the final improvement plan for the Rosalie Village, Paddington neighbourhood shopping centre.
Proposed improvements include:
- upgrading sections of footpath to exposed aggregate concrete to improve accessibility, connectivity and amenity
- a new pedestrian crossing at Baroona Road, near Nash Street, to improve safety and accessibility (this will require a loss of up to five current parking bays)
- new garden beds and additional street trees to improve visual and physical amenity
- installing standard Council street furniture including seats, bins and bike racks
- improved speed signage at key locations within the precinct
- commissioning public art to enhance amenity and centre identity.
Our investigation into the precinct's kerbside parking allocation has indicated that no additional parking spaces are available.
- Rosalie Village VPP - final improvement plan (PDF - 2.5Mb)
- Rosalie Village VPP - final improvement plan (Word - 584kb).
Find out more about the VPP program and recently delivered public space improvements.
Flood mitigation and drainage works
Due to the complexity of the Rosalie Village area, infrastructure solutions required to mitigate flooding and flood and drainage works are not part of the Rosalie Village Precinct Project scope of works.
However, any proposed Rosalie Village Precinct Project works will be undertaken in consultation with a required Registered Professional Engineers of Queensland (RPEQ) hydrology investigation.
To read about Council's flood plans and find out how to protect your home and business from flooding visit Flooding in Brisbane.
Project launch (completed)
Project launched in September 2022 with community and business owner kiosk and Have Your Say survey.
Planning and opportunities proposal (completed)
Opportunities proposal released for community feedback 31 January to 19 February 2023.
Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your feedback, along with further site investigations, informed the development of final improvement plan.
Community event celebrating the upgraded precinct and seeking community feedback on the delivered improvements in early 2024.
Rosalie Village Precinct Project
For more information on the Rosalie Village Precinct Project:
- phone the project team on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team.
Growing Precincts Together
In addition to the Rosalie Village Precinct Project, Council is also working to support local businesses in Rosalie through the Growing Precincts Together program.
For more information visit Growing Precincts Together - Rosalie Village.