Sandgate Road Boondall Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council is working with the local community to revitalise the neighbourhood shopping precinct at Sandgate Road, Boondall. This is part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP) and Council’s commitment to create a city of vibrant neighbourhoods.
We’re committing up to $1 million to the project, which aims to:
- enhance the amenity, connections and safety for residents and visitors
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- increase the community’s sense of place and pride in this neighbourhood centre.
The opportunities proposal includes a range of public space improvements including:
- improving accessibility safety and amenity by upgrading footpaths
- improving visual and physical amenity by planting more trees and groundcover in gardens to limit the urban heat island effect
- new, unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- creative placemaking.
While consultation has closed, you can still view the opportunities proposal here:
- Boondall Village Precinct Project opportunities proposal (PDF - 502kb)
- Boondall Village Precinct Project opportunities proposal (Word - 1.9Mb).
Community consultation and engagement
Council held an onsite information kiosk on Saturday 23 July 2022 and an online survey providing the community with the opportunity to have their say about the opportunities proposal for the precinct.
Thank you for your feedback. Your comments will help Council understand what the community thinks about the proposed improvements, what you’d like to see in your neighbourhood and will inform the final improvement plan for the Sandgate Road Boondall precinct. The final improvement plan will be presented back to the community in early 2023.
Project launch (complete)
Site investigation and community consultation from 29 November to 12 December 2021.
Opportunities proposal (complete)
Release of opportunities proposal for community feedback in mid-2022. Consultation from 11 to 31 July 2022.
Release of final improvement plan and construction information in early 2023. Construction commencement scheduled from early 2023.
Community event celebrating the upgraded precinct and seeking community feedback on delivered improvements in mid-2023.
For more information on the Sandgate Road Boondall Village Precinct Project:
- email the project team
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- write to:
Boondall Village Precinct Project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001