Seven Hills Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council has been working with the local community to revitalise the neighbourhood shopping precinct, The Corso, Seven Hills as part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP).
We’re committing $1.2 million to the improvement project, which aims to:
- improve the existing amenity, connections and safety for local residents and visitors
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- enhance the community’s sense of place and pride in the neighbourhood centre.
Proposed improvements include:
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- street greening, including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity and limit the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- new seating nodes and improved connections to the Seven Hills Hub
- investigation of creative lighting opportunities to trees and laneways.
Council will also consult with business owners and operators for possible placemaking activities and opportunities.
Please note that formalising the carparking on D’Arcy Road is not included in this project. The Village Precinct Projects program is specifically for placemaking, amenity and character enhancements to neighbourhood centres.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community was encouraged to become involved in the planning for the revitalisation proposal by providing feedback about the Seven Hills VPP, online and at the drop-in kiosk held on-site in September 2019.
Council has analysed the information gathered from the onsite information kiosk and online survey, which has assisted Council to understand what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and has informed the final improvement plan for The Corso local shopping precinct.
View the final improvement plan
- Final improvement plan - The Corso, Seven Hills Village Precinct Project (PDF 1.52Mb)
- Final improvement plan - The Corso, Seven Hills Village Precinct Project (Word 763kb)
The final improvement plan can also be viewed at:
Construction timing and impacts
Construction started in February 2020 and is expected to be completed in late August 2020, weather and construction conditions permitting.
Construction will primarily take place between Monday and Saturday from 6am- 5pm. Some night works are required for works within the vicinity of the intersection and will take place between 8pm-5am.
Properties in close proximity to the work may experience some construction noise, dust, and vibration, however, every effort will be made to minimise the impacts on the local community.
Access to local businesses will be maintained during business hours throughout the construction period.
Council is committed to minimising the impact of the works on the community as much as possible. We would like to thank local residents in advance for their patience and understanding during these works.
For more information on the Seven Hills Village Precinct Project, phone the project team on 07 3403 8888 or email the project team.