Seven Hills Village Precinct Project
Brisbane City Council will be working with the local community to revitalise the neighbourhood shopping precinct, The Corso, Seven Hills as part of the Village Precinct Projects program (VPP).
We’re committing $1,200,000 to the improvement project, which aims to:
- improve the existing amenity, connections and safety for local residents and visitors
- contribute to and encourage local economic growth
- enhance the community’s sense of place and pride in the neighbourhood centre.
Proposed improvements include:
- footpath upgrades to improve accessibility, maintenance and visual amenity
- street greening, including street tree planting to improve visual and physical amenity and limit the urban heat island effect
- groundcover plantings to new and existing garden beds
- inclusion of new unique seating and standard Council street furniture
- new seating nodes and improved connections to the Seven Hills Hub
- investigation of creative lighting opportunities to trees and laneways.
Council will also consult with business owners and operators for possible placemaking activities and opportunities.
Please note that formalising the carparking on D’Arcy Road is not included in this project. The Village Precinct Projects program is specifically for placemaking, amenity and character enhancements to neighbourhood centres.
Community consultation and engagement
The local community is encouraged to become involved in the planning for the revitalisation proposal by providing feedback about the Seven Hills VPP.
- Draft opportunities plan – The Corso, Seven Hills Village Precinct Project (PDF -1Mb)
- Draft opportunities plan – The Corso, Seven hills Village Precinct Project (Word - 513kb)
We are currently analysing the information gathered from the onsite information kiosk and online survey, which closed Sunday 29 September 2019. Feedback will assist Council in understanding what the community thinks is important in their neighbourhood and will inform the improvement proposal for The Corso local shopping precinct.
|Precinct improvement proposal||A revitalisation proposal will be prepared in response to the community’s feedback. The improvement proposal will be on display at The Corso and local community centres, and online from early 2020.|
|Construction||Construction is planned to begin in early 2020 and is scheduled for completion by mid-2020, subject to weather and site conditions. Council will consult with business owners and operators within the construction areas to ensure minimal disruption occurs during construction. Access to all businesses will be maintained during the construction period.|
|Project completion||The project is currently scheduled to be complete by mid-2020.|
For more information on the Seven Hills Village Precinct Project, phone the project team on 07 3403 8888 or email the project team.