Ferny Grove Aqua Park project
As part of Brisbane City Council’s commitment to creating new lifestyle and leisure opportunities and delivering vibrant, liveable communities, the Ferny Grove Aqua Park, located at Keperra Picnic Grounds, has been constructed for the community to enjoy.
The Ferny Grove Aqua Park is the Northside’s first free, fully accessible aquatic playground. Local residents of all ages and abilities are now able to enjoy the aqua park’s new features including tipping buckets, water cannons, stream jets and bubblers, a water table and level splash pad.
The new $1.5million facility complements additional and ongoing aquatic centre upgrades across the city including Langlands Pool which will open mid next year and Musgrave Park which is scheduled to start in 2019.
|Address||Keperra Picnic Grounds - Corner Upper Kedron Road and Samford Road|
|Ward||The Gap Ward|
|Project outcome||New accessible aquatic facilities|
Construction was completed in late November 2018.
About the project
The Ferny Grove Aqua Park provides an interactive water play environment that is accessible to people of all ages and abilities.
The aqua park features:
- a level splash pad area which provides access for all
- elevated waterplay elements including discharge bucket, small tipping buckets, spray tunnel, water cannons, and overhead spray feature
- 24 ground elements including arch sprays, stream jets, bubblers, misting ground sprayers, and themed sprayers
- an interactive water table that provides wheelchair access as well as toddler play
- tiered seating walls with new shade trees for viewing of waterplay area
- additional picnic facilities with electric BBQ
- reconfigured car parking including additional car park spaces and mini-bus car parks
- accessible pathways to provide access from car park to waterplay, picnic facilities and amenities building.
Construction commenced late July 2018 and was complete late November 2018, in time for the summer school holidays in December.
If you would like to find out more about the Ferny Grove Aqua Park project, you can:
- phone Council’s Asset Services West on 07 3407 0013 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
- BCC Regional Business Centre
681 Fairfield Rd
Yeerongpilly Qld 4105.