Sport and recreation precinct planning
Brisbane City Council undertakes sport and recreation precinct plans, in consultation with Council’s community facility tenants and community users, to ensure the optimal use of valuable community facilities and to inform the future investment, development and management of these sites.
Brisbane has an aspiration to be a city of diverse and accessible recreational opportunities for all ages, abilities and backgrounds, with better facilities and venues for all ages to enjoy.
Creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane means more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great. Growing our lifestyle means great public spaces, parks, community venues, sporting facilities and clubs are easy to access providing safe, diverse opportunities for everyone to meet, play and exercise.
|Parks and wards||
Sport and recreation precinct planning is currently underway for:
|Project outcomes||Comprehensive long-term plans that guide investment, development and management of these precincts by Council and the community.|
|Latest update||Draft plans have been developed and are ready for community and sporting club consultation. This will include information sessions at each park on 24 August 2019.|
About the project
Specialist consultants have been engaged to provide sport and recreation expertise and undertake consultation with Council’s community facility tenants and community users in the preparation of these plans.
Consultation will assist Council’s community facility tenants to understand the differing demands on these sites and provide an opportunity to promote their own development needs.
The plans will include recommendations for the development and management of the sport and recreation precincts in the short, medium and long-term.
These recommendations do not commit Council or tenants to their implementation; however, the plans do support Council and the community to seek grant funding and other investment opportunities.
Precinct plan objectives
The objectives of these sport and recreation precinct plans are to:
- undertake a needs assessment of current and future demand of each precinct and associated activities
- identify and plan opportunities that optimise participation within each precinct
- ensure access and inclusion principles are integrated across all precinct facilities as part of the precinct planning process
- engage and work with the community and interest groups in the future planning and management of each precinct
- strategically plan and schedule future development.
Community engagement - have your say
Council is currently seeking your feedback on draft concept plans. Have your say by completing the online survey for Enoggera Memorial Park and Keperra Picnic Ground Park or Murarrie Recreation Reserve by 7 September 2019, or by attending one of the information sessions in the table below.
|Date||Time||Location||Park concept plan|
|Saturday 24 August||10-11.30am||Everton Park Junior Rugby Club, 95 Hurdotte Street, Enoggera||Enoggera Memorial Park|
|Saturday 24 August||1-2.30pm||Ferny Grove Bowls Club, 20 Tramway Street, Ferny Grove||Keperra Picnic Ground Park|
|Saturday 24 August||3-4.30pm||Balmoral Cycling Club, 1238 Wynnum Road, Murarrie||Murarrie Recreation Reserve|
Draft concept plans
View the draft sport and recreation precinct concept plans and executive summaries:
- Draft Enoggera Memorial Park sport and recreation precinct concept plan (Word - 2Mb)
- Draft Enoggera Memorial Park sport and recreation precinct concept plan (PDF - 2Mb)
- Draft Keperra Picnic Ground Park sport and recreation precinct concept plan (Word - 2Mb)
- Draft Keperra Picnic Ground Park sport and recreation precinct concept plan (PDF - 2Mb)
- Draft Murarrie Recreation Reserve sport and recreation precinct concept plan (Word - 2Mb)
- Draft Murarrie Recreation Reserve sport and recreation precinct concept plan (PDF - 2Mb)
- Draft Enoggera Memorial Park sport and recreation precinct plan summary (Word - 101kb)
- Draft Keperra Picnic Ground Park sport and recreation precinct plan summary (Word - 102kb)
- Draft Murarrie Recreation Reserve sport and recreation precinct plan summary (Word - 104kb).
For more information about sport and recreation precinct planning, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Sport and Recreation Precinct Planning 2017-18 project
Community Facilities Planning & Design
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.