Colmslie Beach Reserve project - Murarrie
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the opportunities plan for Colmslie Beach Reserve has been developed following community consultation in September 2019.
Council is creating more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane, with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in the places that make our city great.
|Address||Colmslie Beach Reserve, 152 Colmslie Road, Murarrie|
|Project outcomes||Upgrade Colmslie Beach Reserve to improve recreation opportunities for the community|
|Latest update||Release of opportunities plan|
About the project
Council is committed to keeping Brisbane clean and green, making our city liveable and sustainable for future generations.
Colmslie Beach Reserve is located at 152 Colmslie Road, Murarrie.
Community feedback has helped shape the opportunities plan for the project which includes:
- providing passive recreation opportunities at the beach
- installing sculptures to extend play opportunities and upgrading existing play components
- improving the connectivity of the reserve
- investigating an all abilities ramp to connect to the beach
- providing additional picnic shelters and seating
- extending native tree planting for shade and habitat.
Community consultation on the opportunities plan will be undertaken in December 2019. Council will use community feedback to inform the final concept plan for the Colmslie Beach Reserve and will provide the community with an update once it has been developed.
Before designs are finalised, Council wants feedback from residents and park users on the opportunities plan.
Share your feedback with the project team at an information session at the reserve on 7 December 2019 from 12 noon to 3pm. You can find this event in our What's On calendar.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 during business hours and ask to speak to the project team
- email the project team.