Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project - Nudgee
Brisbane City Council is pleased to release the final concept plan for the Nudgee Recreation Reserve, Nudgee, following community consultation in September 2019.
The improvement project provides the community with more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends in places that make our city great.
|Address||290 Elliott Road, Nudgee|
|Project outcomes||An upgraded sport and recreation park|
|Latest update||Release of the final concept plan for the project|
About the project
Council is giving the community more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane by re-establishing a sport and recreation precinct at Nudgee Recreation Reserve.
The reserve has a long sporting history dating back to the 1940s, with evidence of cricket and football being played on the site. Improvements to the reserve will deliver much-needed sporting and recreation facilities in the area.
The Nudgee Recreation Reserve district sports park will complement the growing park network in the north-eastern suburbs of Brisbane and provide an outdoor setting for more structured sporting activities like touch football, cricket and soccer.
The Nudgee Recreation Reserve project will include the following improvements:
- shared use sporting fields that will cater to multiple sports including touch football, cricket and soccer
- fitness equipment and shared paths for walking, running and cycling
- BMX track
- sports field lighting to improve nighttime visibility and safety for park users
- new car park with more than 200 spaces, including bays for people with a disability and motorcycles
- new clubhouse with change rooms, toilets, canteen, storage and meeting rooms
- new amenities including:
- a local playground ancillary to the sports fields
- shelter, picnic settings and a barbecue facility
- dog off-leash area.
Download the latest community newsletter -
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve concept plan newsletter (PDF - 2Mb)
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve concept plan newsletter (Word - 4.3Mb)
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve concept plan (PDF - 4.6Mb)
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve concept plan (Word - 4.4Mb).
Before designs were finalised, residents, organisations and sporting associations were invited to have their say on the draft concept plan. During the consultation, Council captured more than 180 online responses and undertook two information sessions where people shared their feedback on the draft concept plan.
Community feedback, along with site investigation outcomes, has helped shape the final concept plan for this district sports park facility.
The most favoured areas of the draft concept plan for future use were:
- exercising (walking, cycling and running)
- playing sport
- using the dog off-leash area.
Community responses also highlighted a desire for a BMX track. The concept plan now includes a track, which will provide a new outdoor facility for people to enjoy.
Council thanks people who provided feedback on the draft concept plan.
The concept plan will now progress to the detailed design phase. Following this phase, Council will seek permits and approvals for the project. Construction of the project, subject to approvals, is anticipated to commence in 2021.
For more information about the Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project, you can:
- email the project team
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- write to:
Major Projects, Natural Environment, Water and Sustainability
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.