Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project - Nudgee
Brisbane City Council is pleased to advise that the Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project will commence in late 2021, subject to relevant approvals.
These works will include remediation of the former landfill site and the reestablishment of the reserve for sport and recreation use. This will provide the community with more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane.
|Address||290 Elliott Road, Nudgee|
|Project outcomes||An upgraded sport and recreation park|
|Latest update||Construction works to commence in late 2021|
About the project
Council is giving the community more to see and do in a clean and green Brisbane by re-establishing a sport and recreation precinct at Nudgee Recreation Reserve.
The reserve has a long sporting history dating back to the 1940s, with evidence of cricket and football being played on the site. Improvements to the reserve will deliver much-needed sporting and recreation facilities in the area.
The Nudgee Recreation Reserve district sports park will complement the growing park network in the north-eastern suburbs of Brisbane and provide an outdoor setting for more structured sporting activities such as touch football, cricket and soccer.
The Nudgee Recreation Reserve project will include the following improvements:
- shared use sporting fields that will cater to multiple sports including touch football, cricket and soccer
- fitness equipment and shared paths for walking, running and cycling
- BMX track
- dog off-leash area
- sports field lighting to improve night-time visibility and safety for park users
- new car park featuring 223 spaces, including parking bays for motorcycles and people with a disability
- new clubhouse with change rooms, canteen, storage, meeting rooms and public toilets
- a playground ancillary to the sports fields including picnic settings with shelters and barbecue facility.
Download the latest community newsletter -
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project - project update, June 2021 (PDF - 5.9Mb)
- Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project - project update, June 2021 (Word - 1.1Mb)
Construction works are anticipated to commence in late 2021, subject to relevant approvals. Further information will be released prior to the start of construction.
For more information about the Nudgee Recreation Reserve improvement project, you can:
- email the project team
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- write to:
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.