Everton Park Bowls Club car park upgrade
Brisbane City Council has completed upgrades to the Everton Park Bowls Club car park, off Gearside Street, Everton Park, to provide safer and improved access to the Everton Park Bowls Club, the new Everton Park Library, Fallon Cottage and Fallon Park.
|7 Gearside Street, Everton Park
|An upgraded precinct which includes the Everton Park Library, Fallon Park, and Bowls Club
|Construction is now complete
About the project
Works to upgrade the Everton Park Bowls Club car park were completed in coordination with the new Everton Park Library project.
The car park upgrade will ensure the broader precinct (which includes the Library, Fallon Cottage, Fallon Park, and Bowls Club) is fully integrated and that these important community facilities are safely accessible and refreshed.
As part of the new Everton Park Library project, a new vehicular entry from Gearside Street will provide access to the ground level library car park. The accessway will pass through the existing Everton Park Bowls Club car park and onto the rear of the new library which adjoins Fallon Park.
Features of the upgraded car park included:
- removing the existing car park asphalt
- constructing a new footpath from Gearside Street to the Bowls Club and new Everton Park Library
- reinstating the car park drainage and completing kerb and channel works around the car park
- resurfacing asphalt works for car park and access road
- installing new light poles and LED lights in the car park and along the new footpath
- line marking to define car parking and PWD parking spaces
- new widened driveway access from Gearside Street.
The car park lighting will be operated by the Bowls Club when they have night-time activities or operations. The footpath lighting will remain operational from dusk to dawn.
The car park upgrade was funded by the Queensland Government’s South East Queensland Community Stimulus Program.
For more information about the project:
- call Council's 24-hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak with the Community Facilities team.