Day and night works will continue across the construction site as the project continues to upgrade essential services including water, stormwater, gas and communications infrastructure.
When will this work take place?
|Start||Early March for approximately three months, weather and site conditions permitting|
|Time and day||
Day works will be carried out Monday to Saturday from 7am to 6pm. Night works will be carried out Sunday to Thursday from 7.30pm to 5:30am
To ensure the safety of motorists and road workers and to minimise traffic disruptions, some work is required to be undertaken at night when traffic volumes are lowest.
What does this work include?
The following works will be undertaken:
- Construction of temporary roads
- Saw cutting of the road
- Construction of service pits
- Trenching and excavation to replace / install pipes.
What to expect?
- Traffic control: reduced speed limits, lane closures, changes to traffic flow and short-term traffic disruptions.
- Noise and dust: noise and possible dust and vibration may be experienced from the construction activities.
- Temporary lighting: lighting towers are required to be used to light work areas at night to ensure worker safety.
- Access: Impacted stakeholders will be contacted regarding any property access changes.
- Traffic delays: plan ahead and allow additional travel time.
Where will the works be?
Works will be carried out across the entire site at various times and dates. Further information will be provided to residents adjacent to the works as dates are confirmed.
Moggill Road including intersections near Stamford Road, Station Road and Stanley Street:
- Night works lane closures.
Moggill Road Service Road (commercial):
- Night works road closures
- Restricted access and parking hours
- Temporary changed access to Indooroopilly Central Shopping Centre.
Moggill Road Service Road (residential):
- Removal of houses
- Permanent removal of on street parking
- Night works road closures.
- Lane closures (day and night).
- Permanent closure of Nelson Parade at Moggill Road
- Temporary short outages of water and gas while new pipes are connected. Residents will be advised in advance of any service outages.
- Permanent removal of right hand turns into and out of Keating Street.
Vincent Street, Manchester Terrace and Waverley Road:
- Day work lane closures
- Temporary on street parking restrictions
- There will be short temporary outages of water and gas while the new pipes are connected. Residents will be advised in advance of any service outages.
- Temporary closure of Payne Street at Moggill Road
- Day work lane closures
- Temporary on street parking restrictions.
- Restricted access at north-east end of Underhill Avenue
Phone 1800 572 132 (during business hours) or email the project team.
After hours, please call Council's 24- Hour Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888.