Receive your rates notice by email
Switch to paperless billing and receive your rates notice by email to keep our city liveable and sustainable. By opting to receive free SMS reminders, you won't forget when your bill is due.
Apply online now
To register for email delivery complete the online registration form.
You will need:
- a current email address (only one email address for each property)
- information from your rates account:
- your rates account and bill number (found at the top of page 1)
- name(s) that appear on the rates account
- property location
- to accept the terms and conditions.
Depending on the rating cycle you may receive one final paper rates notice before changing to email delivery. Note that registering to receive your rates notice by email will cancel any existing BPAY View registration in place.
SMS reminders will be sent if the rate account:
- is registered to be received by email
- has not already been paid in full
- is not in Debt or Credit Management
- is not in a prohibited suspension group (e.g. ownership change pending)
- ownership has not changed since the bill was issued.
Terms and conditions for email delivery
- All information provided by you during the registration process must match Council records, or your registration will not be completed.
- You agree to receive your rates notice by email, and any associated Council documents which normally accompany the paper rates notice.
- You understand that you will no longer receive a paper rates notice, unless Council receives a delivery failure notification.
- You agree that a rates notice is deemed served when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
Delivery failure process
Once the online registration process is complete, you will receive an automatic email confirming the request has been set up and is active. In the event that the email bounces back, Council will investigate the reason for the bounced email and correct any error. If incorrect information has been supplied, you may be contacted.
When a Rate Account issued by email bounces back, two further attempts are made. If both fail, the Rate Account with a letter advising of the failed attempts will be issued via Australia Post.
If you have not received your emailed rates notice, you may like to check the following:
- confirm if your details were entered correctly on the online form submitted
- check if your email mailbox is full
- check if the email has gone to your junk/spam mailbox
- have you added firstname.lastname@example.org to your “Safe Sender” list with your provider.
To change your email address or mobile phone number for SMS reminders, complete the online form.
Cancel email delivery
You can cancel email delivery of your rates notice at any time by submitting the online form.
Depending on the rating cycle you may receive one final rates notice by email before changing back to paper rates notices.
To find out more information on receiving your rates notice by email, including how to update your email address and whether you'll still receive a paper bill, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Alternatively, you can phone Council on 07 3403 8888.