Receive your rates notice by email
Switch to paperless billing and receive your rates notice by email to keep our city liveable and sustainable. By opting to receive free SMS reminders, you won't forget when your bill is due.
Apply online now
To register for email delivery complete the online registration form.
You will need:
- a current email address (only one email address for each property)
- information from your rates account:
- your rates account and bill number (found at the top of page one)
- name(s) that appear on the rates account
- property location
- to accept the terms and conditions.
Depending on the rating cycle, you may receive one final paper rates notice before changing to email delivery. Registering to receive your rates notice by email will cancel any existing BPAY View registration in place.
You will receive SMS reminders if the rate account:
- is registered to receive emails
- is not paid in full already
- is not in debt or credit management
- is not in a prohibited suspension group (e.g. ownership change pending)
- if ownership has not changed since bill issued.
Terms and conditions for email delivery
- All information provided by you during the registration process must match Council records or your registration will not be completed.
- You agree to receive your rates notice by email and any associated Council documents, which normally accompany the paper rates notice.
- You understand that you will no longer receive a paper rates notice, unless Council receives a delivery failure notification.
- You agree that a rates notice is deemed served when it reaches your internet service provider, whether or not you have opened or read the email.
Delivery failure process
Upon completion of the online registration process, you will receive an automatic email confirming your account is active. If the email bounces back, we will investigate and correct any error. Council may contact you if your information is incorrect.
Council will make two more attempts to issue the rate account by email. If both fail, you will receive the rate account and a letter advising of the failed attempts, via Australia Post.
If you have not received your emailed rates notice, you may like to check the following:
- your details are correct on the online form submitted
- is your email mailbox full
- has the email has gone to your junk/spam mailbox
- you added email@example.com to your 'safe sender' list with your provider.
To change your email address or mobile phone number for SMS reminders, complete the online form.
Cancel email delivery
You can cancel email delivery of your rates notice at any time by submitting the online form.
Depending on the rating cycle you may receive one final rates notice by email before changing back to paper rates notices.
To find out more about receiving your rates notice by email, read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Alternatively, you can phone Council on 07 3403 8888.