Council activities and events for seniors
Brisbane City Council offers seniors a wide variety of activities through specialised programs and events.
Highlighted activities include:
- Growing Older and Living Dangerously (GOLD)
- Gold ’n’ Kids for kids and their grandparents
- 50 Plus Centre open to South East Queensland residents who are seniors or pensioners
- internet classes at Council libraries
- Lord Mayor's Seniors Christmas Parties - an annual tradition, inviting Brisbane seniors to celebrate the festive season with a program of Christmas shows and a high tea.
View all seniors' events in our What's On Seniors' Events calendar.
Council also offers programs with activities and events for all ages including:
- Active Parks
- Heart Foundation Walking
- Library events - filter by 'age range' for 'seniors only' events
Seniors clubs and groups can apply for Seniors Celebration Donation funding to help to cover the cost of activities such as social outings and Christmas parties.