Pensioner concessions and remissions

You may be entitled to a remission on your Brisbane City Council rate account. Council also offers concessions for cat and dog registration.

Rates - pensioner remissions

A rates remission may be available for owner occupiers and pensioners. A pensioner must hold one of the following:

  • current Queensland Centrelink pensioner concession card
  • Veterans Affairs pensioner concession card
  • Veteran Affairs gold card

Cat or dog registration concessions

You are entitled to a concession on your dog registration if:

  • the dog is desexed
  • you hold a current Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
  • you hold a Veterans' Affairs Repatriation Health Card - for all conditions (Gold Card)
  • you are a current member of Dogs Queensland or the Greyhound Racing Control Board of Queensland
  • you hold a current Brisbane City Council Animal Breeder or Show Permit
Last updated:2 May 2019