City Botanic Gardens designated booking site
City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City has nine designated sites available for bookings for special events of short duration. This major park and attraction features beautiful displays of annual garden beds, shrubbery and trees, with some trees dating back to 1828. An accessible and inclusive playground is located near the Albert Street entrance (Edward Street end). Riverstage is located at the rear of the park. The Gardens Club is open from 8am-4pm every day and bookings can be made by phoning 07 3012 9606.
To book this park for a special event, follow these steps:
- Consider the park location and facilities and watch our virtual tours of the booking sites. Does a booking site at this park meet your needs? If so, go to Step 2. If not, view our other designated sites.
- Complete the online park booking application form, noting Council's standard booking conditions.
The City Botanic Gardens are located at 147 Alice Street, Brisbane City.
View City Botanic Gardens, Brisbane City in a larger map
The City Botanic Gardens includes the following facilities (some of which are shown on the map below):
- booking sites
- drinking fountains/taps
- picnic shelters
- playground (accessible and inclusive)
- power (varying phases)
- toilets (including accessible toilets)
- wheelchair access
The are nine booking sites in the City Botanic Gardens.
Some booking sites may have moved slightly to the location shown on the plan below, namely Area 1: Morning Star Lawn.
|Power (varying phases)||Information||Wheelchair access|
|Area||Booking site name||Capacity (persons)||Capacity (chairs)||Power||Marquees permitted||Virtual tour|
|1||Morning Star Lawn||150||40||No||No||Yes|
|5||Royal Palm Lawn||200||50||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|6||Fig Tree Avenue Lawn||50||30||Yes||No||Yes|
NOTE: The virtual tours are keyboard and mouse accessible. Booking site 9 (Cordyline Lawn) is no longer available as a designated booking site.
Weddings and corporate functions can be tentatively booked up to 12 months in advance. Council will confirm your booking six months prior to the function date. Designated sites are available for hire from $317.55 (inc GST) (minimum two hour booking).
Bookings apply to the designated site you choose in the park and to the use of any facilities in that designated site such as a rotunda or power (if available). You cannot book barbecues, shelters (other than rotundas marked) or playgrounds for your specific use, though your group is free to share these facilities with other park visitors. Power points may have different phases (i.e. operate on different voltages), so it is advisable to check the compatibility of your electrical equipment before your event.
You may also be able to book a different area of the park (rather than the designated site). For more information phone Council on 07 3403 8888 and ask to speak to a Regional Parks Officer.
Using the park
The following special conditions apply to bookings in the City Botanic Gardens:
- bookings are not required to use the park for wedding photos
- wedding vehicles are not permitted in the City Botanic Gardens
- jumping castles are not permitted
- designated sites are available for booking between 7am-7pm
- vehicle access for delivery of equipment is restricted - For delivery of equipment for your function you must:
- complete a Vehicle Access Permit Application
- supply a copy of the vehicle's valid third party motor vehicle insurance
The City Gardens Cafe has reopened and is now called The Gardens Club. It is operated by social enterprise Wise Foundation, who distributes funds to community and organisations where needed. Currently, coffee, drinks and food is available 8am-4pm (7 days a week) from the kiosk.
For information about booking the Gardens Club for a private function, contact Peter Collins by email or on 07 3012 9606.