Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan
Following input and feedback from residents, Brisbane City Council has prepared a draft update to the Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan. Once complete, it will become part of Brisbane City Plan 2014 (City Plan) and set guidelines for future development in the area.
Now is the final chance to have your say on the draft plan, with submissions open until 5pm on Monday 19 November 2018.
Highlights of the draft neighbourhood plan include:
- maintaining strong building height controls to preserve views to and from the Story Bridge
- rezoning land under the Story Bridge from High density residential to Community purposes to promote the creative use of space underneath the bridge
- facilitating mixed-use development in focused areas along Main Street to promote new businesses and services
- protecting two additional properties through the City Plan Heritage Overlay
- protecting more trees through the City Plan Significant Landscape Tree Overlay.
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - March 2018 (Word - 18.3Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan maps and figures:
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Precincts map (PDF - 1.5Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Zone map - tile 28 (PDF - 7.4Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Active frontages overlay in residential zones map - tile 28 (PDF - 14.7Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Heritage overlay map - tile 28 (PDF - 15.7Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Pre-1911 building overlay map - tile 28 (PDF - 14.6Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Dwelling house character overlay map - tile 28 (PDF - 15.4Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Significant landscape tree overlay map - tile 28 (PDF - 20.3Mb)
- Kangaroo Point Peninsula draft neighbourhood plan - Streetscape hierarchy overlay map - tile 28 (PDF - 15.5Mb)
- Read the draft neighbourhood plan document, maps and figures above to find out how the draft plan might affect you.
- Download the factsheet about how to make a submission. You can also download information about City Plan terms and concepts.
- Send in your submission by 5pm, Monday 19 November 2018 by email or by post to Urban Renewal, Brisbane City Council, GPO Box 1434, Brisbane QLD 4001.
The neighbourhood plan is a legal document, so feedback received over the phone or in person cannot be considered as a formal submission.
Kangaroo Point Peninsula neighbourhood plan area
View the Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan area in a larger map.
The neighbourhood plan area is the inner-city peninsula of Kangaroo Point, bounded by the Brisbane River, Mowbray Park, Shafston Avenue and the southern boundary of St Vincent’s Private Hospital.
Neighbourhood planning involves Council and the community working together and there have been a number of opportunities to have your say during the plan’s development. The below table lists community input so far.
|6 October to 4 November 2016||Online survey|
30 November 2016
|Community Planning Team meeting|
|9 March 2017||Community Planning Team meeting|
|23 October 2017||Community Planning Team meeting|
|27 October to 8 December 2017||Draft renewal strategy released for feedback|
|4 and 29 November 2017||Information kiosks at locations within the neighbourhood plan area|
|5 October to 19 November 2018||Draft plan open for public consultation|
Brisbane's Future Blueprint
After input from more than 100,000 residents, in June 2018 Council released Brisbane's Future Blueprint with eight principles to guide Brisbane’s future growth. One of these principles is creating a city of neighbourhoods where residents are close to the services they need and the lifestyle and leisure options they want.
Council creates plans like the Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood Plan to help make this long-term vision a reality.
Register for updates
To keep up-to-date on the Kangaroo Point Peninsula Neighbourhood plan, register for updates.
For more information, you can:
- email the project team
- phone 3403 8888
- write to:
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001
- view other proposed City Plan amendments.