Enoggera Creek Sport and Recreation Precinct Plan
Brisbane City Council is developing a strategic plan for the Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct. The precinct includes parts of Windsor, Wilston and Newmarket and is home to 10 informal and sporting parks and 15 sporting and communities organisations. The precinct plays an important role in providing more opportunities to enjoy Brisbane's climate and to connect with family and friends.
|Address||The Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct includes sport and recreation parks between Lutwyche and Enoggera Roads, stretching along the suburbs of Windsor, Wilston and Newmarket.|
|Ward||Enoggera and Central|
|Project outcomes||Guide future investment, development and management of this sport and recreation precinct and a new sports and community park in Windsor.|
Community engagement is now closed on the concept plan for the new Windsor Sports and Community Park. Delivery of the new park is due for completion in 2020. View the plan in your preferred format.
About the project
The Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct is a valuable active green space in a growing city that offers many active and healthy outcomes to the community.
Future planning will help ensure the ongoing vibrancy and sustainability of the precinct for sport and recreation participants, local residents, businesses and visitors. It will also manage amenity for people living in the suburbs surrounding these parks.
The precinct plan will guide future investment, development and management of this popular sport and recreation destination.
View the plan area in your preferred format:
- Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct draft plan (PDF - 1Mb)
- Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct draft plan (Word - 263kb).
The plan includes the design of a new sports and community park along Northey Street in Windsor. Council acknowledges feedback received from the community to finalise the concept plan for the park which is due for completion in 2020. View the concept plan in your preferred format:
- Windsor Sports and Community Park concept plan (PDF - 551kb)
- Windsor Sports and Community Park concept plan (Word - 4Mb).
Council, with funding from the Australian Government's Grants Programme, is committed to the long term plan for residents to enjoy Brisbane's beautiful climate and connect with family and friends.
The Enoggera Creek sport and recreation precinct will deliver a space that:
- achieves better traffic management to minimise vehicle impacts for pedestrians, cyclists and park users
- rethinks how we build resilient parks that respond to floodwater impacts
- aims to achieve pedestrian-friendly environments with safe linkages throughout the precinct
- protects the natural habitat whilst investing in new places to relax and enjoy
- engages with residents and community groups to develop synergies and social opportunities for all ages
- promotes next generation thinking in shaping sustainable recreation and sporting facilities for a healthier urban precinct.
Community engagement - have your say
Council conducted preliminary community engagement between 18 October and 2 December 2018. This engagement was the first step in gathering insights on how the precinct is valued and currently used by the community. Key values from the preliminary feedback received included:
- cycle and walking paths
- Enoggera Creek
- Northey Street City Farm
- sports diversity.
The Enoggera Creek Sport and Recreation Precinct draft plan will be released for community feedback later this year. The precinct plan will be finalised in late 2019.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team.