To achieve the vision for an active, healthy city, Brisbane City Council supports a range of activities in parks including personal trainers and group fitness classes.
Council regulates these commercial activities to ensure public health and safety.
When you need consent
Personal trainers and other commercial outdoor fitness training operators in Council parkland require consent to conduct their activities. You cannot start commercial outdoor fitness training sessions in a park until you have consent and have paid any relevant fee.
Consent options and fees
All personal trainers must apply for fixed term or annual consent when operating in a Council parkland.
Completed applications will be assessed by Council, and if approved, an invoice will be issued if the activities involve more than 10 participants at each session.
Fees for activities that involve more than 10 participants are:
- Annual consent - $1,109.40 including GST
- Monthly consent - $111.35 including GST per month.
No fee will be charged where there are less than 10 participants per session.
How to apply
- Prepare the attachments required for your online application as Word, PDF or JPG files.
Required attachments include:
- Aerial photo/s marked up to indicate the proposed area within the park to be used. Council’s interactive mapping or other online mapping tools can be used to make the plan or mark-ups on the aerial photo can be hand-drawn.
- Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance for a minimum of $20,000,000
- Complete the Commercial Activity in a Park Application and upload your supporting documents.
Your application will be acknowledged within two working days of Council receiving your application. The application may take up to 10 working days to be processed.
For further information phone Council's Business Hotline on 133 BNE (133 263).