Perrin Drive bridge replacement - Seven Hills
Brisbane City Council are upgrading and replacing one of three pedestrian bridges along Perrin Drive in Seven Hills to improve safety and connectivity for people walking and riding through the area.
|Perrin Drive, Seven Hills
|Improve active transport, connectivity and safety
About the project
The Perrin Drive bridges that cross Perrin Creek provide an important connection between the residential properties of Perrin Drive and local businesses in the area.
The bridge to be replaced is located adjacent to the southern junction of Hillside Crescent. This bridge has reached the end of its serviceable lifespan and is being replaced with an upgraded 3.5 metre wide shared pedestrian and cyclist bridge crossing in the same location.
This upgrade is part of Council’s ongoing program to improve access and connectivity by delivering bridges and upgraded crossing facilities across creeks throughout Brisbane.
This project will improve connectivity and safety for people and walking and riding through the area, and has been designed to better withstand flood inundation.
Works will involve:
- removing the existing bridge across Perrin Creek
- installing a new 3.5-metre-wide bridge, including new piles and bridge decking in the same location
- establishing a site lay down area along Perrin Drive
- minor landscaping and reinstatement works.
Construction commenced in November 2023 and is expected to be complete by early 2024, weather and site conditions permitting.
Works will take place Monday to Saturday between 7am and 5pm.
If you live in or are travelling through the area, you may experience:
- construction activity and heavy vehicle movement
- increased levels of noise, dust, and vibrations
- changes to pedestrian and cyclist routes, including bridge closures.
A site compound and lay down area to store materials will be established approximately midway along Perrin Drive, near the works, and a second storage area within Miawela Park. These compounds will be removed once the project is complete and the area will be reinstated as close as possible to original condition.
To facilitate this upgrade, two trees close to the bridge within the creek bed will be removed. Where possible, we will replant new trees within the nearby area.
If you would like to find out more about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team.