Albert Street driveway paving maintenance
Brisbane City Council is upgrading more sections of paving along Albert Street between Burnett Lane and Adelaide Street, within the Queen Street Mall precinct.
|Address||Albert Street between Burnett Lane and Adelaide Street, within the Queen Street Mall Precinct|
|Project outcomes||Sections of pavers along Albert Street between Burnett Lane and Adelaide Street will be replaced to maintain quality infrastructure within the Queen Street Mall|
About the project
The purpose of this project is to remove and replace more of the pavers along Albert Street between Burnett Lane and Adelaide Street, within the Queen Street Mall Precinct, in order to maintain quality infrastructure and prevent further damage.
These are additional works to those undertaken in March 2021.
Due to forecast wet weather, these works have been postponed by one week.
The work will now take place across three consecutive days from 6am Friday 1 April until 6am Monday 4 April 2022. Teams will work rolling shifts throughout that time to minimise the duration of the closure. Council is scheduling the works mindful of businesses and residents and trying to minimise impacts as much as possible.
Modified Vehicle Access
Due to the work, there will be modified vehicle access arrangements in place for the duration of the works.
- Vehicle access into Albert Street and Burnett Lane via Adelaide Street will be closed from 6am on 1 April until 6am on 4 April.
- During this time, delivery vehicles will be able to enter and exit Burnett Lane via George Street.
- Pedestrian access into Albert Street, Lower Burnett Lane and Burnett Lane will be maintained for the duration of the works.
- 24-hour traffic controllers will be in place at both ends of Burnett Lane, and the Adelaide Street entrance to Albert Street, to safely manage vehicle and pedestrian movements.
Those in close proximity to the works may experience some noise, vibration and dust from the removal and installation activities. Council will use environmental controls and make every effort to minimise disruptions during these works.
We apologise for any disruption caused and thank you for your patience while we complete these works.
Council is also undertaking the Albert Street Amenity Greening project on the other side of the Mall. Council is coordinating both projects to reduce the impact on the community. Find out more about the Queen Street Mall Albert Street amenity greening project.
For more information, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888
- email the project team
- write to:
Albert Street paving improvement
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.