Boundary Road and Formation Street black spot project – Wacol
Brisbane City Council are pleased to announce that construction of the Boundary Road and Formation Street black spot project at Wacol is now complete.
|Address||Boundary Road and Formation Street, Wacol|
|Project outcomes||Improved safety|
End of construction
About the project
The Australian Government’s Black Spot Program is part of the National Road Safety Strategy, which aims to improve road safety by implementing upgrade measures at each black spot location to reduce the risk of crashes.
The project has improved safety by widening the roundabout central island to increase the turning movement for vehicles entering the roundabout and slow vehicle speed through the intersection. Wider median islands on all four approaches have enhanced safety and connectivity for people walking and riding.
The project involved:
- widening the roundabout central island at Boundary Road and Formation Street
- constructing two-metre-wide median islands on all four approaches to the intersection
- new road resurfacing, signage and line marking.
If you have any questions about the Boundary Road and Formation Street black spot project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Boundary Road and Formation Street black spot project
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.