Boundary Road and Skepper Street intersection upgrade – Ellen Grove
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the Boundary Road and Skepper Street intersection upgrade at Ellen Grove is now complete.
|Address||Boundary Road and Skepper Street, Ellen Grove|
|Project outcomes||Improved road safety and pedestrian connectivity|
End of construction
About the project
Prior to the upgrade, the intersection of Boundary Road and Skepper Street was a priority-controlled T-intersection with a Give Way sign on the Skepper Street approach (east).
Between 2014 and 2021 there were 14 reported crashes at the intersection, 13 of which resulted in medical treatment or hospitalisation. Twelve of the crashes involved motorists failing to give way and colliding with vehicles travelling southbound on Boundary Road. High traffic volumes, extended wait times and poor sightlines of vehicles travelling on Boundary Road is contributing to inappropriate gap selection.
The intersection upgrade was jointly funded by Council and the Queensland Government's Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS).
The intersection upgrade project has improved safety by installing traffic lights at the intersection with dedicated right turn arrows. Safety and connectivity for people walking and riding has also been improved with the addition of a signalised pedestrian crossing across Skepper Street.
The project involved:
- signalising the intersection and providing a pedestrian crossing at Skepper Street for people walking and riding
- replacing the left-turn slip lane from Boundary Road into Skepper Street with a dedicated and fully controlled left-turn lane
- widening the western side of Boundary Road
- installing new LED street lighting, new pavement, line marking, landscaping and turfing.
The project will now enter a period in which Council will maintain and manage minor works such as landscaping as well as demobilising the site compound.
- Detailed design- complete
- Start of construction - February 2022
- End of construction - July 2022.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about the Boundary Road and Skepper Street intersection, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- call Council on (07) 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Boundary Road and Skepper Street intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.