Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street intersection improvements - Manly
We are pleased to share the concept plan for proposed upgrade of the Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street intersection at Manly. An online survey seeking feedback on the concept plan is now closed.
|Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street in Manly
|Wynnum Manly Ward
|Increase safety and promote compliance of the 40 km/h speed zone, enhance visibility for pedestrians and motorists.
About the project
We are proposing to complete minor upgrades at the intersection of Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street to improve safety for people walking, riding and driving.
The proposed features to be included as part of this project are listed below.
- Install a raised pedestrian crossing on Cambridge Parade, east of the intersection.
- Introduce new coloured road markings with raised islands on either side of the road marking for the 40 km/h speed zone on Cambridge Parade on the western approach to the intersection.
- Replace the Stop signs and line marking with Give Way signs and line marking on Melville Terrace and Arnold Street at the intersection with Cambridge Parade.
- Modify access from Benalla Street to Arnold Street to left-turn only.
- Extend the kerb on the northwest corner of Melville Terrace and Cambridge Parade.
- Install minor landscaping improvements at the extended kerb and raised pedestrian crossing.
- Reconstruct and extend existing concrete traffic islands on Arnold Street and Melville Terrace and reconstruct new sections of footpath.
- Remove 14 informal on-street parking spaces to improve visibility for people walking, riding and driving.
This proposed project currently has budget allocation for design only in the 2023/24 financial year. Construction is dependent on community feedback and subject to future budget allocation and city-wide priorities.
Survey results and the next steps
Thank you to everyone who completed the survey about the proposed improvements. The survey is now closed.
The survey results show that there is overwhelming support to create a safer environment for all road users at the intersection. We have listened to your feedback and we will work to investigate the different options proposed by the community. Once we have considered all options and finalised a design, we will provide you with an update.
The proposed improvements for this intersection aim to introduce the below benefits.
- Improved safety for people walking and riding by promoting motorist compliance of the 40 km/h speed zone by installing new coloured road markings.
- Improved safety and increased connectivity for people walking by constructing a raised pedestrian crossing.
- Enhanced visibility and safety for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists by removing select on-street informal car parking spaces.
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- call the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- call Council’s Contact Centre on (07) 3403 8888 (24 hours)
- email email@example.com
- use the online contact form to register for future project updates
- write to:
Cambridge Parade, Melville Terrace and Arnold Street intersection improvements
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4011