D’Arcy Road car parking facility - Seven Hills
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce works to construct a new car parking facility on D’Arcy Road, Seven Hills are now completed.
|Address||Intersection of D’Arcy Road and Kensington Avenue, Seven Hills|
|Project outcome||Formalise off-road parking facility|
|Latest update||End of construction|
About the project
The corner of the D’Arcy Road and Kensington Avenue intersection was previously used as an informal parking area for residents and visitors accessing the local shopping precinct.
Constructing a new formal car park on D’Arcy Road will ensure that people accessing local shops and visiting residents in the area have a safe and functional place to park, as well as reduce dust generated by the previous informal car park.
Offset tree planting will occur in the local area, in line with our offset planting policy and relevant environmental legislation.
This project was funded through the Morningside Ward Suburban Enhancement Fund.
Works started on the new car parking facility in late April and were completed end of June 2022.
As part of this project, we:
- undertook earthworks to create a level area for the new car park
- constructed the new car park, including kerb and channel, asphalt surfacing and line marking
- constructed a 1.2-metre-wide footpath between the new car park and existing footpath on Kensington Avenue
- upgraded the driveway entrances to create a dedicated entrance and exit
- completed turfing around the car park.
The formalised car park includes 10 car parks, including one disability parking bay.
For more information about the project design, download the:
- D’Arcy Road car parking facility project plan – Seven Hills – March 2022 (PDF – 488 KB)
- D’Arcy Road car parking facility Project plan – Seven Hills – March 2022 (Word – 401 KB).
For more information
If you would like to find out more about the D’Arcy Road car parking facility project, you can:
- call the project information line on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- call Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside of business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
D’Arcy Road car parking facility project team
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.