Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection upgrade - Kedron
Brisbane City Council is upgrading the roundabout at the Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection in Kedron to improve the overall operation and safety for all road users.
|Address||Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street, Kedron|
|Project outcome||Improved safety for all road users|
About the project
Brisbane City Council has identified the need for safety improvements at the roundabout at Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection in Kedron.
The Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection recorded 10 crashes between 2014 to 2021, eight of which resulted in requiring medical treatment. Nine of the accidents occurred as a result of motorists failing to slow down and give way on approach to the roundabout.
The Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection upgrade is jointly funded by Council and the Queensland Government's Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme (TIDS).
The project will improve safety at the intersection by modifying the roundabout central island to increase the turning movement for vehicles entering the roundabout and reduce vehicle speed through the intersection. The larger central island will be more visible to approaching traffic and provide awareness of vehicle priority. New pedestrian ramps and refuges will be installed to improve pedestrian safety and connectivity.
The project involves:
- widening the roundabout central island to improve deflection and slow circulating traffic
- constructing kerb build outs on both sides of Leckie Road at the intersection
- upgrading pedestrian ramps and refuges for improved safety and connectivity
- installing new kerb and channel, pavement and line marking.
- Late November 2021 – Project introduction
- Early 2022 – Start of construction
- Mid-2022 – End of construction.
If you would like to find out more about the Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection upgrade project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Edinburgh Castle Road and Colac Street intersection upgrade
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.