Kedron Brook Road pedestrian crossing upgrade - Wilston
We are pleased to announce that works for the Kedron Brook Road pedestrian crossing upgrade, in Wilston, are now complete.
|Kedron Brook Road, in Wilston Village, Wilston
|Improved safety for all road users, accessibility for pedestrians and reduced vehicle speeds through the Wilston Village precinct
End of construction
About the project
We have upgraded the existing zebra crossing on Kedron Brook Road in response to community safety concern regarding vehicles not giving way to pedestrians at the crossing.
The upgrade to the zebra crossing has improved safety for people driving and walking along Kedron Brook Road through the Wilston Village precinct.
Below is a summary of the works undertaken as part of the project.
- Upgraded the existing zebra crossing with red threshold treatment to improve driver awareness of people on the crossing.
- Introduced new road surface treatments for 40km/h speed zones on approach to the Wilston Village precinct on Kedron Brook Rd, near Fifth Avenue and near Hewitt Street to promote driver compliance within a high pedestrian activity area.
- Extended the length of the kerb buildouts near Stain Street and Hewitt Street to create a slower speed environment through the Wilston Village precinct.
- Installed yellow no stopping lines to formalise no stopping areas and maintain clear sight lines.
- Completed minor landscaping improvements at the kerb buildouts.
- Improved safety for all road users in a high pedestrian activity area by extending the length of kerb buildouts to create a slower speed environment.
- Increased awareness and promote compliance of the 40km/h speed zone to improve village ambience.
- Enhanced visibility for pedestrians and motorists by upgrading the zebra crossing with red threshold treatment.
- Project introduction – May 2023
- Start of construction – June 2023
- End of construction – July 2023
If you would like to find out more about the project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 (during business hours)
- phone Council’s Contact Centre on 07 3403 8888 (24 hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
Kedron Brook Road pedestrian crossing upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4011.