Lindum Level Crossing
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce the concept plan for the Lindum Level Crossing short-term signalisation project in Wynnum West.
|Address||Lindum Level Crossing|
|Ward||Doboy Ward and Wynnum Ward|
|Project outcome||Improved road safety|
Concept plan – Signalisation and intersection reconfiguration
About the project
The Lindum Level Crossing is managed by the Queensland Government (the rail line) and Brisbane City Council (the roads). The Australian Government, the Queensland Government and Council are working closely to deliver safety improvements at the level crossing through a phased solution.
Initial safety upgrades at the rail crossing were completed in late 2021 and the next phase will involve realigning and signalising the intersection at the level crossing.
The Lindum Level Crossing is jointly funded by the Australian Government as part of the Urban Congestion Fund, the Queensland Government and Brisbane City Council.
- Realigning the intersection layout to the west of the existing open level crossing, to achieve a perpendicular crossing. This improved geometry will make it safer and easier for road users to travel through the area with improved sightlines and visibility.
- Installing traffic lights on the roads that neighbour the level crossing to control all traffic movements through the crossing.
- Installing controlled pedestrian crossing facilities on Lindum Road and Kianawah Road.
- Removing the right-turn from Sibley Road into Kianawah Road to further improve safety for road users.
- Installing a U-turn facility on Kianawah Road so those travelling westbound on Sibley Road can access Lindum Road and North Road.
- New controlled, dedicated pedestrian crossing facility at the open level crossing.
- New yellow box line marking and road surface.
Please refer to the concept plan for more information.
The project is still in the concept design phase and other design features and refinements are still under investigation and yet to be confirmed.
The project will improve safety for all road users that travel through the open level crossing and improve intersection operation with the installation of traffic lights.
Initial safety upgrades at the rail crossing were completed in late 2021. These works included:
- installing a new median island on the northern approach to the intersection
- extending the median island on Lindum Road
- new longer 12-metre boom gate on the eastern approach
- new pavement and road line marking.
If you would like to register to receive regular project updates or have any questions about the Lindum Level Crossing, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (after hours)
- email the project team
- write to
Lindum Level Crossing
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.