Magura Street bridge replacement – Enoggera
We are pleased to announce that works to upgrade and replace the Magura Street bridge in Enoggera are now complete. The new bridge provides a wider and safer connection for people walking and riding through Enoggera and the surrounding area.
|Address||Magura Street, Enoggera|
|Project outcomes||Improve active transport, connectivity and safety|
End of construction
About the project
The old Magura Street bridge was a 1-metre-wide connection that was narrow and well below current standards. By replacing the bridge, we have improved access to this important connection between South Pine Road and Pickering Street, making it easier for people to travel to Enoggera State School, public transport services, businesses and residential properties in the area.
The crossing upgrade was part of our ongoing program to improve access and connectivity by delivering new and upgraded bridges and crossings across creeks throughout Brisbane.
Works commenced in early July 2022 and were successfully completed in mid-December 2022.
The works included:
- earthworks, piling, and drainage works in preparation for building the new bridge
- building a new 3.5-metre-wide bridge
- building a two-metre-wide shared concrete path on either end of the bridge
- watermain relocation
- stabilisation and anchoring treatments for sections of the concrete channel
- demolishing and removing the existing bridge following the completion of the new crossing.
We would like to thank the local community for their valued cooperation and patience while these important upgrades were completed.
If you would like to find out more about this project, you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 884 681 during business hours
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 outside of business hours
- email the project team.