River Terrace pedestrian crossing project – Kangaroo Point
Brisbane City Council is pleased to announce that construction of the new signalised pedestrian crossing on River Terrace, between Paton Street and Bell Street, is now complete.
|Address||River Terrace, Kangaroo Point|
|Project outcomes||Pedestrian and cyclist safety|
End of construction
About the project
We identified the need to install a new pedestrian crossing on River Terrace mid-way between the two existing crossing facilities at Llewellyn Street and at Main Street.
Now complete, the new crossing point has enhanced connectivity to the traffic lights at the intersection of Bell Street and Main Street, providing a clear connection that will allow people walking and riding to move safely and efficiently through the area.
This signalised crossing is activated when the button is pushed to initiate the signal phase and stop motorists at a red light to allow people walking and riding to cross River Terrace safely, minimising the risk for incidents.
The River Terrace pedestrian crossing project was jointly funded by Brisbane City Council and the Australian Government's Roads to Recovery program.
The project involved:
- installing traffic lights with pedestrian activated push buttons
- installing concrete extensions to build-out the kerb and ramps on the east and west sides of River Terrace between Paton Street and Bell Street
- the removal of 10 on-street car parking bays along River Terrace between Paton Street and Bell Street
- installing a two-metre-wide footpath on the western side of River Terrace to connect with existing pathways
- upgrading line marking and road resurfacing
- landscaping works.
If you you have any questions about the River Terrace pedestrian crossing project you can:
- phone the project team on 1800 669 416 (during business hours)
- phone Council on 07 3403 8888 (outside business hours)
- email the project team
- write to:
River Terrace pedestrian crossing project
City Projects Office
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane Qld 4001.